You could say this is Liebster x 2. I was nominated twice by His Perfect Timing. Once in August, and another very recently.
His Perfect Timing is a blog I’ve been following for a number of months now. She always has inspiring and motivating posts. Many of her posts are devotionals. She usually asks questions for the reader to consider. Her love of Christ is evident. 🙂 Go check out her blog, if you haven’t already.
About The Award
Liebster Award is provided to bloggers who have less than 200 followers. Being nominated for the award will surely give these blogs some exposure to the internet and help them be discovered. “Liebster” is a German word which means “valued”.
It’s an award given to bloggers by other bloggers in hopes of creating awareness, and I’ve seen bigger blogs receive this award as well, which I think is nice. 🙂
Onto the award…
With each award, the blogger is supposed to answer 11 questions with 11 facts about himself or herself. So, I will answer both sets of questions and then share 11 facts about me.
(1st set of questions)
1. What inspired you to start blogging?
I was inspired to reach out to others while I worked on preparing to write novels for a Christian book series I want to do. I’ve written three novels in preparation before I started to write the novel I want to be the first published book.
2. If you could visit any country in the world, which would you visit
Ireland, I am Irish on my dad’s side. I’m told my family fled the country.
3. What is your favorite hobby?
Hmm, aside from writing? I would say it’s a tie between soap making and crocheting.
4. What is your favorite holiday?
Christmas Eve, right before everything begins.
5. Do you prefer digital or physical books?
I love physical books, but I do appreciate digital as well, I’d say physical books I prefer a little higher.
6. What is the biggest problem you encounter while writing?
Good question. While writing a novel, I would say scenes. Sometimes I feel stuck in the scene. For blogging, once I have an idea I don’t have issues writing the post. So, the before prep work for a post.
7. What color are your eyes?
8. Recount a brief childhood story. What happened?
Since we were talking about favorite holidays, there was one Christmas Eve I was leaving my grandmother’s house. I wasn’t entirely convinced Santa was real or not. My uncle, who I didn’t know was nearby, had a set of bells and he jingled them as my brother and I were walking out of the door, on the way home.
For that night, I truly wondered, and an excitement I felt as a kid, drifted back.
9. What type of music do you like to listen to?
I mainly listen to Christian, (Check out my song playlist page)
But I love my 90s country as well, up until age 12 I didn’t listen to anything but country.
10. Do you collect anything? If so, what is it?
When I was a kid, I collected stickers. As a soap maker, I have a collection of soap molds and fragrances. Let’s see, I do like Chinese scrolls. My dad in 2012 got me a scroll calendar because we always go to Chinese restaurants. That was when I started collecting them. I also love notebooks, probably the writer in me. 🙂
11. Where do you see yourself in five years?
Not living where I am now. Hopefully, in our forever home, we will be settled, and no more moving! 🙂
(2nd Set of Questions)
1. How did you get started blogging?
I just went with it. I wanted to be able to write for people with my book series, but as I am working on it, I felt God tell me I needed to find an outlet to do so now. So, I decided on a WordPress, as my past blogs never reached anyone aside from friends and family.
2. Where do you find your inspiration?
God definitely. He inspires all the time. Basically, any time I go to Him, He inspires me.
Talking to people also inspires me, and reading posts from other bloggers. 🙂
3. Have you learned any important lessons along the way?
I’ve learned a lot both as a novelist and a blogger. I’ve learned what works for my audience and my blog. I’ve learned I have a voice that should be heard, and it’s okay to be confident, even though I sometimes still struggle.
4. What is one thing you can share with others about blogging?
If you are writing paragraph statuses on social media repeatedly with a message, BLOG.
If you have something to say because you want others to listen, BLOG. (Oh wait, that was two)
Basically, if you want others to learn something, or feel connected to you consider blogging. your voice needs to be heard. As a believer, God can use writing for His mission. You are never too small to be used by God.
5. Have you found blogging to be profitable? If so, what’s the secret?
Well, if you’re talking money no. I don’t have any ads on my sites.
But I’ve gained experience, new friends, acquaintances, a way to network, having a portfolio, lessons, and give glory to God through blogging.
So, it’s been profitable in a way 🙂
6. How long did it take for you to develop your own unique style
Not long. I just write what’s on my heart, and how God leads me.
But as for using headers, images, and the like. That took several months as I researched what bloggers should keep in mind for their audience.
7. Who would you like to read your blog that isn’t reading it now?
Anyone who might need it. If my blog or particular posts could help someone, encourage them, then that’s who I am focused on.
8. How much time do you spend on your blog every week?
Oh gosh, probably 12+ hours. Between the two blogs, I write at least 9 posts a week now. My Bible Summary posts take 2-6 hrs depending, and my devotional/in-depth posts on Thursdays take 2-6 hrs.
9. How long have you been blogging?
This blog I’ve been blogging for one year and four months.
10. Where do you see your blog in the future?
I see my audience growing, God willing, and for Him to continue to inspire strong posts. Even if I am able to become a published Christian author, I’d like the blog to be active so people have a free way of reading my work before they consider buying.
11. What one word describes you?
11 Facts About Me
- I am short
- My favorite color ranges between purples, blues, and yellows
- I love inspirational quotes
- I have too much yarn.
- As soon as the dishes are done, that’s when I am inspired to bake.
- I have an owl lamp.
- The movers broke my bookshelves, and I’m not completely over it.
- I like cough drops.
- I like making fake flower bouquets
- Currently, replaying Kirby, Crystal Shards from the Nintendo 64
- I’ve watched the Princess Bride way too many times to count.
My Nominees Are
Congrats everyone! Should you accept the award, here are the rules 🙂
Rules of the Liebster Award are as follows:
1) Acknowledge the blog who nominated you for this award.
2) Answer 11 questions the blogger gave you.
3) Give 11 random facts about yourself.
4) Nominate 11 blogs.
5) Notify them.
6) Give them 11 questions to answer
My Questions To You
- What is a moment in your life that changed the rest of your life forever?
- Since your first blog post, have you learned anything? What was it?
- If you could give any piece of advice right now, what would you say?
- What kind of mark would you like to leave in someone’s life?
- Are there any regrets you feel right now? Could you mend them if you were able to?
- What was your favorite childhood movie or book growing up?
- Do you like playing games? What is your favorite game?
- What is your favorite food to eat?
- What could you go without for a month? (Choose something that wouldn’t be easy)
- Who in your life has made a lasting impression?
- If you could do one small thing to help another person today, what would it be?
-Have a great weekend everyone!
(Can’t get enough posts? Check out my second blog Peeking Beneath)