Biblebloggergirl nominated me for this award last year. She has such a great heart. Always trying to shine the light and love of Christ everywhere she goes. Thanks for thinking of me. 🙂 Please check out her blog. She posts pictures, quotes, she digs into Bible stories and more.
About The Award
Liebster Award is provided to bloggers who have less than 200 followers. Being nominated for the award will surely give these blogs some exposure to the internet and help them be discovered. “Liebster” is a German word which means “valued”.
It’s an award given to bloggers by other bloggers in hopes of creating awareness, and I’ve seen bigger blogs receive this award as well, which I think is nice. 🙂
Onto the award…
With each award, the blogger is supposed to answer 11 questions with 11 facts about himself or herself. Let’s begin.
Who were/are your best friends growing up? I had a best friend from kindergarten to 8th grade, she moved before my freshman year of high school. We grew up together, and I was very disheartened when her family moved, though I knew the move was good especially for her to have a new start. We played a lot of games outside and enjoyed exploring with our imaginations. Her 10th birthday party was one of the first times I knew I was not a little girl anymore and starting to become more aware of myself. It was a special time because I was still young enough to be a kid, and those memories with her meant the world.
What is your favorite style of music? When I was growing up, it was pure country that’s all I knew. And to this day, I love 90’s country, but I definitely would say my favorite style is Christian (which I got introduced to around 13) and I am thrilled that there is a variety of Christian genres. It allows me to open up people’s perspective on Christian music. It does not all sound the same, but the message is the same, and that’s what is important. I really enjoy a lot of Christian Contemporary and Christian Rock more than others on my playlist.
What is your favorite season, and what do you like about it? I would have to say autumn. I love the leaves changing, and being cold enough for warm clothing, but not freezing. I don’t like the heat. I love being outdoors when it is comfortable, and of course, when bonfires are nearby.
If you could have your dream home, where would it be and what would it look like? I would love to have a magical portal that allowed me to be in three places at once because I have church family I made in Little Rock, and my husband has a good military family we became close to in Florida and then, of course, our families and friends in Ohio.
I always wanted a two story house as a child, but since I am in my late 20’s I am now realistic that having a one story would be beneficial when both my husband and I get older. I always wanted a balcony, and I’ve been blessed with two apartment experiences that have given me balcony. Now, the dream home I would like to have a porch that goes all around.
I would also like a pale yellow kitchen, in which the window is near the sink and sunlight streams in. I’d like to live in an area where sunlight comes through the windows a lot, and I’d like to have windows low enough that I could sit on the floor and prop my elbow against the window. I’d also like a sunroom and a little space in the backyard for the porch (or deck) and maybe make a small garden.
What is your dream job? To be a published Christian author, working on books and devotionals, and a Christian blogger.
What is your favorite sport to watch, and your favorite sport to play? I don’t really like sports much. But I do like watching motor cross. Just today, I watched a Battle Bots competition and that was interesting. I don’t have a favorite sport to play. But I do like tossing a baseball sometimes.
Do you love your siblings, or find them irritating? I would say both, haha. Recently I yelled at my brother because when I made a pizza and it was not to his liking, he proceeded to say, “Do you want me to tell you what exactly you did wrong?” And I didn’t care to listen so I told him that. He proceeds to tell me every single thing he found wrong regardless, so I yelled at him (I’m not perfect). He later apologized and said the pizza actually tasted pretty good (his words haha!)
What is a luxury you couldn’t live without? I know this wouldn’t kill me, but it would be hard to not have the internet. I use the internet a lot to connect with others, write my blogs, and then for entertainment purposes. On the other hand, it would certainly free my time up.
What is your favorite book that has been turned into a movie; which was better, the movie or the book? Oh, the word favorite…hm. Well, let’s go with one of my favorite books. Anne of Green Gables. I really liked Megan’s version, I forget her last name. But I liked that movie, just not as much as the book.
OH! And I do want to add Little Women, loved the book, and I loved Wynona Ryder as Joe. Still loved the book more.
What is your love language? Words of Affirmation. I wonder if a lot of writers have that? This means that I react/connect the most when people talk to me, compliment, basically use their words in a positive manner with me.
Really some great questions!!
11 Facts About Myself You May Not Know
- I’ve written over 400 posts for Inside Cup
- I’ve yet to see the ocean BUT I have seen the Gulf of Mexico which is pretty close.
- I’ve written three completed novels.
- I’m working on book one for my book series.
- I love butterflies.
- I love owls.
- I’ve won three poetry competitions in high school. First time 3rd place, and the next two 1st.
- I love quotes!! Inspirational ones.
- I love getting calendars for inspiration. (Inspirational quotes or pretty pictures)
- I have an index card with all the proper makeup steps. It’s slightly over 30 steps total. (I’ve yet to use all the steps, haha.)
- I’ve had my main Bible for almost 16 years.
Nominees Are: (NO pressure to do the award, I know some of you are award free blogs, and that’s completely okay. Take your time as well. No rush to immediately do the award.)
God’s Warrior- Taking Up My Cross
Mia – Called To Be A Writer
Faye – Create. In. Me.
Ruth- Planted By Living Water
Grace- Following Him
Lea- Dancing After Jesus
Leigh- All You Need Is Jesus
Rebekah- Grace Abounds
Should You Accept Here Are The Rules of the Liebster Award:
1) Acknowledge the blog who nominated you for this award.
2) Answer 11 questions the blogger gave you.
3) Give 11 random facts about yourself.
4) Nominate 11 blogs, (or however many you like)
5) Notify them.
6) Give them 11 questions to answer
My Questions To You
- What is a moment in your life that changed the rest of your life forever?
- Since your first blog post, have you learned anything? What was it?
- If you could give any piece of advice right now, what would you say?
- What kind of mark would you like to leave in someone’s life?
- Are there any regrets you feel right now? Could you mend them if you were able to?
- What was your favorite childhood movie or book growing up?
- Do you like playing games? What is your favorite game?
- What is your favorite food to eat?
- What could you go without for a month? (Choose something that wouldn’t be easy phone, internet, reading, blogging, etc.)
- Who in your life has made a lasting impression?
- If you could do one small thing to help another person today, what would it be?
This coming week is Community week. Please let me know your prayer requests for the month of June.
Please let me know any answers to prayer you received for the month of May.
Month Scripture (MSG) Galatians 6:9-10, “So lets not allow ourselves to get fatigued doing good. At the right time we will harvest good crop if we don’t give up, or quit. Right now, therefore, every time we get the chance, let us work for the benefit of all, starting with the people closest to us in the community of faith.”
Second Blog: Peeking Beneath