Tell me I am not the only one who really enjoys small pieces of scriptures?
Reading through the Bible is completely okay. But if we want to take out more from scripture, we cannot read the Bible like a regular story. We must devote time and patience. Focusing on pieces of scripture instead of whole paragraphs or chapters allows us to meditate easier on the words, pray specifically, and memorize better.
Today, I wanted to share some scriptures that continue to speak to me and encourage me to dig into His words and promises. I hope they speak to you. 🙂
(CEV) 2 Corinthians 4:07, “We are like clay jars in which this treasure is stored. The real power comes from God and not from us.”
– I feel like this scripture explains everything. I originally was looking for scripture that says we are leaky vessels, but I was surprised to not find that precise wording. I know there is a scripture similar. However, when I saw this scripture it spoke to me. For many years, I’ve always said to myself, “It is not about me or my power. It is always about God and what He can do. Without Him, I’m nothing. I can’t do anything without Him.” This scripture says this. 🙂
(NIV) Matthew 6:34, “Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
– I remember the first time I found this scripture as a young teen, and it has always spoken to me since. I found comfort in the line, “tomorrow will worry about itself.” I should not worry about tomorrow because today is sufficient.
(NIV) Phillippians 4:06, “Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.”
– God knows us. What we are going through. The struggles we have. Even in hard times, we are to worship Him and let Him these things. He will hear us. He will provide in His own way.
(NIV) Ezekiel 36:26, “I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh.”
– This scripture I’ve come to really like in the past few years. When we are struggling with temptation and the fear of not overcoming the ways of this world, this is a promise we can cling to. God and His ways WILL help us cling to Him, but we must turn over to Christ. This is why the more time we give to Him instead of media, people, or ourselves, the more His light will radiate on us. Think of Moses on the mountain and how much he glowed when he came down. This is what happens when we give God our time and devotion.
(NIV) 2 Corinthians 5:07, “For we live by faith, not by sight.”
– An old favorite. Another promise. There is so much more ahead of us that we do not see. I want to see His plan unfold with lifted hands towards Him, not with my hands weighted down at my sides from worry and anxiety.
Are any of these ones of your favorite scriptures?
What is a scripture you enjoy?
Monthly Scripture- NKJ Psalm 9:10, “And those who know Your name will put their trust in You; for Your Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You.”
*** Community Prayer Request For July ’18 – Join Me In Praying For Each Other And If You Have A Request To Add Let Me Know. A New Prayer Request Post Comes Out Every Month And Is Updated As Requests And Updates Come In.
Second Blog: Peeking Beneath