I thought it may be fun to share a chapter of the Bible and specific scriptures (not the whole chapter) to meditate on. Use it for prayer. Use it to fight against dark thoughts. Use it for encouragement. The Bible says the sword of the Spirit is the word of God. The only way for us to be productive with scripture is not only to read it but know it.
Today’s selections are from- Psalm 32
Topics- Forgiveness, sin, guilt, hiding place, deliverance, trouble.
Meditate On– (NIV) Psalm 32:01-02, “Blessed is the one whose transgressions are forgiven, whose sins are covered. Blessed is the one whose sin the Lord does not count against them and in whose spirit is no deceit.”
- Know that our sins are forgiven. Jesus Christ has taken the price for our sins.
Meditate On– (NIV) Psalm 32:05, “Then I acknowledged my sin to You and did not cover up my iniquity. I said, “I will confess my transgressions to the Lord.” And You forgave the guilt of my sin.”
- It’s easy for us to want to run away from sin and the guilt it gives us. But God wants us to come to Him with everything. Running from Him escapes nothing.
Meditate On– (NIV) Psalm 32:07, “You are my hiding place; You will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance.”
- We can cling to the Lord. In Him, we can hide. Even when stress, fear, and worry overwhelm us. He is stable. His ways are not our ways. But He wants us to understand. He can help us through trial.
Meditate On– (NIV) Psalm 32:08, “I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my loving eye on you.”
- Sometimes lessons God gives us are hard. But these lessons are needed for eternity. We can’t be out trying to guide the world if we do not understand despair. Where there is hurt, there is healing. God wants us to understand and be mature in all things. He will guide us always for a purpose. But in order for us to get to that point, our life journey is involved.
Meditate On– (NIV) Psalm 32:10, “Many are the woes of the wicked, but the Lord’s unfailing love surrounds the one who trusts in Him.”
- So often we doubt God’s love when we struggle. The more we trust Him and turn to Him the more we see His hand at work. Those who do not know Him will not see His hand. But we can!
I hope these scriptures are helpful to you! I know when God gave me this particular chapter I needed the encouragement. I hope they speak to you! 🙂
Monthly Scripture – (NIV) Psalm 139:23-24, “Search me, God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.”
*** Community Prayers | October ’18 – Join Me In Praying For Each Other And If You Have A Request To Add Let Me Know.
Second Blog: Peeking Beneath