I’ve been inspired by Shae, otherwise known as Biblebloggergirl. She has two blogs and I’ve linked both so check them out. 🙂 She recently had a post on songs she and her mom work out to. I am always looking for more ways to share music but trying not to bombard. I think this way might help that need.
I’m going to share the time each song takes (and the total of all) so if you want to do a full workout with these songs you can.
If you enjoy Christian hip-hop / rock / alternative / pop / contemporary. You will enjoy these songs. 🙂
Total time with these songs = 19 minutes 24 seconds.
(Warm Up/Stretch/Cool Down) – Holy Roar by Chris Tomlin (Time- 4 minutes 13 seconds)
- This song is just enough. Slow enough for beginning a workout or cooling down. I just found this song and immediately knew I would add it to my Christian workout playlist. Focusing on how we are wholly God’s.
(Beginning Workout) Heart of Stone by Britt Nicole (Time- 4 minutes 21 seconds)
- This song I think is good for right after a stretch or warm up, beginning to pick up a routine. This song has a beat to it. The song is about trusting God that He can break us from a heart of stone. That He breaks down what we have built up around us.
(Motivator/Core) – Feel Invincible by Skillet (Time- 3 minutes 50 seconds)
- If you need a motivator or an encourager, this song has it all. Not giving up. Knowing that God gives us what we need. “You’re my titanium.” Loud. Impactful. Keep going! This song would be good towards the middle or near the end of a workout if you need that extra push.
(Beginning Song/Next To Last Workout Song) Warrior by Ledger (Time 3 minutes 29 seconds)
- This song is knowing we are a warrior because of the One we serve. Ledger is the drummer of Skillet and she is such an incredible singer. This song is an encouragement to keep going even when the enemy wants us to fall.
(Stretch/Warm Up/Cooling Down/Walking/Yoga Poses) Easy by Sarah Reeves (Time- 3 minutes 31 seconds)
- This song I shared for last month’s finds and I love this song. It begins slower in the verses but the chorus picks up a bit. It discusses how easy does not happen with Christ, our walk is beyond that, and a good motivator for working out to. We need this reminder.
BONUS SONG– Whispers In The Dark by Skillet (Time- 3 minutes 21 seconds)
- This song is all about God being right there with us. I’ve needed this reminder many times.
Time with bonus song- 22 minutes and 45 seconds.
I hope these songs have been helpful to you and your workout!
What songs do you like to work out to?
Monthly Scripture – (NIV) Psalm 139:23-24, “Search me, God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.”
*** Community Prayers | October ’18 – Join Me In Praying For Each Other And If You Have A Request To Add Let Me Know.
Second Blog: Peeking Beneath