I recently visited with family and friends and you may have noticed a lack of posts. Last year I remember spending a lot of time trying to prep posts beforehand but then during my visit when I had time to myself, instead of unwinding, I would try to stick to the schedule.
This year God has taught me to take breaks, be less focused on numbers, and trust He will provide what He wants to.
I must admit I am grateful and it was nice to take a break. I will be visiting family in December later but I will try to make sure certain posts are ready ahead of time, especially the Bible summaries. With the recent breakthrough God gave me in writing shorter pieces, it has been easier and more enjoyable to share the good news from both the Old and New Testament.
Updates In My Life / Things I Want To Discuss
- I’ve been working on a side project along with writing book one of my series. It’s another book. I started periodically working on this piece. All I can say basically is that it is somewhat of a cross between the “Screwtape Letters” by C.S. Lewis and “Pilgrim’s Progress” by John Bunyan. It is not a fluent story so it is a little easier to write, and when I take a break from the main book, it’s nice to have another option for creativity aside from blogging. God has been speaking A LOT throughout the project.
- The beginning of this year God gave me the word “community” and it has weighed heavy on my heart since. This is why I’ve been working very much on the community of believers and bloggers in my blog this year. Since the near beginning of November, I’ve had another word constantly on my heart and in my thoughts, and I believe it is something I need to be praying for. I’ll get more into it the beginning of next year. But I can tell you if you want to join me in prayer, pray for “deliverance.”
- Speaking of prayer, I really feel the urgency to continue to encourage others to pray to God constantly. He wants us to go to Him. It’s evident all through scripture. Yet something that should be so easy and natural for us to do daily, this is not only about those who struggle to pray in general, we don’t do enough of. Look for more of the Prayer series because I have a lot of things I want to cover.
- I’m starting to look forward. I’ve shared how God puts lessons on my heart and I want to start sharing more of these. I think it is important and I believe they could benefit others. Looking forward is a lesson He gave me last night and I will try to write a post this week on it.
- That being said, I will try to include some more of my Dream Experiences series. I don’t want anyone to be misled or misunderstand. These dreams speak to me and they direct me to God and/or scripture. But that does not necessarily mean they are meant to be a vision or anything like that. The purpose is to push people to Christ.
- I will continue to write posts for Christian Bloggers it may be not as often as some would like. My main goal was to do only one Christian Blogger post per month. But I do think in some incidences I may do more than one. My blog is not about how to get numbers. First and foremost it is about how to draw closer to Christ from the inside out. As a Christian blogger, we are accountable as believers moreso than other bloggers.
- I may start to incorporate more posts on Hell. I know I’ve been sharing this post a lot but Hell Was A Wake-Up Call | Life Chat. God has been revealing a lot of things to me through scripture and the things He is ministering to my heart. We need to wake up as followers of Christ and take this short moment of life seriously because eternity, our judgment, possible rewards and authority we may be given are all related to what is happening right now.
- Buckle down for some posts on Christmas. I do celebrate Christmas, but ever since last year, God has worked on shifting how I look at Christmas tradition to how I need to incorporate Him in everything ESPECIALLY when it is easy to be distracted because the rest of the world and many believers are too. Example, we look more forward to tradition and how we celebrate it, then how we actually take time and celebrate Christ’s coming, what it means, and what it will mean in the future. Again, this is not about trying to change people or “guilt” trip anyone. This is about pointing to Christ and pushing everyone to turn to Him more because time is short. Stayed tuned.
That’s basically it right now 🙂 I thought it might be nice to try to share what’s been on my heart and mind.
If you celebrated Thanksgiving how did it go?
Are you preparing your blog ahead of time to spend time with others?
What are you looking forward to this coming year?
Monthly Scripture, (NIV) John 16:33, “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”
*** Community Prayers | November ’18 – Join Me In Praying For Each Other And If You Have A Request To Add Let Me Know.
Help For Christian Bloggers- Christian Blogging 101/Help
General Help For Blogging- Blogging 101
Second Blog: Peeking Beneath
Social- Twitter: T. R. Noble Instagram: Noblewriter77 Facebook Page: T. R. Noble Pinterest: TRNoble77 YouTube: T. R. Noble