Depending on who you listen to or your own knowledge of the End of Times topics the Three Days of Darkness has been very prevalent, especially regarding this year. It has been a topic very HEAVY in the YouTube Christian community.
Truthfully, this was not going to be covered (exactly) in my End of Times series.
The reason I am discussing it on my blog is that I want people to know the truth of scripture. There have been several times this past month people have been led to a previous post. But that one does not really cover the topic.
I feel an urgency to make this post because people are seeking it.
There is a lot of confusion on this topic because of the number of people talking about it, sharing visions, dreams, things they are being told. It easily gets confusing because there are some contradictions.
Here are some things you need to do and keep in mind before anything else.
- Pray daily that God reveals to you His truth
- Seek God in His word daily.
- Understand God’s timing may be different than what we think
Three Days Of Darkness
It should be noted sets of three is not uncommon in scripture. Here are only a few examples.
- One of the plagues of Egypt was three days of darkness on the Egyptians, it was a thick darkness people could not see at all and the darkness could be felt. No one rose from their place. (Exodus 10:21-29)
- Jonah was in the stomach of a great fish God prepared for him for three days and three nights. (Jonah 1:17)
- Three days before Christ rose. (Luke 24:07)
- Three hours of darkness from the sixth hour to the ninth hour right before Christ died. (Luke 23:44-45)
What Are The Three Days Of Darkness?
Essentially the main idea of the Three Days of Darkness is that it is a period of darkness, chaos, and often utter terror.
From there…people drift in different stories and how to prepare for it. One thing that is brought up in some accounts is the topic of demons, and whether they are released on earth during this period, and if they are, what happens in what they do.
It is true that the End of Times often shares dark moments in time for believers and especially those who do not know Christ. Which is all the more reason why we need to know Christ on a deep level. We can do this through scripture reading, prayer, and worship.
Post | How To Meditate On Scripture
Post | Prayer, What To Pray
Post | Are You Praying… At All?
Post | How To Worship Without Music
Is It Possible The Three Days Of Darkness Is Real?
I think so.
Scripture often times discusses the light of the sun, moon, and stars going out. Matthew 24 states this happens after a great tribulation. This darkness would indeed affect the whole earth. It would be a darkness everyone experiences. The Three Days of Darkness, in particular, often is said to be the event that happens right before the coming of Christ.
Scripture References On Darkness In End Of Times: Matthew 24:29, Mark 13:24, Acts 2:20, Isaiah 13:10, Ezekiel 32:07-08, Joel 2:10, Joel 3:15, Joel 2:31. Zechariah 14:06, Revelation 6:12…there’s more.
Multiple Occurrences Of Darkness
Though the Three Days of Darkness is a specific event, darkness appears to happen multiple times during the end of days.
- Sixth Seal– Darkness occurs in the cosmic disturbances (Revelation 6:12). The sealing of 144,000 occurs right after this.
- Fourth Trumpet– A third of the moon, stars, and sun get struck during the fourth trumpet. This stops a third of light both day and night. (Revelation 8:12)
- Fifth Trumpet– Hell (Bottomless pit) gets opened up, smoke arises like the smoke of a furnace. The sun and air were darkened because of the smoke of the pit. Locusts were released to harm man who did not receive the seal of God on their foreheads for five months. (Revelations 9:03-04)
- Two Witnesses, one power they are given is the plague of darkness. This darkness can be felt as it is the same plague as Egypt. (Revelation 11:06)
- Fifth Bowl– Darkness On Throne Of Beast and His Kingdom. People gnawed their tongues because of the pain, these people do not repent of their deeds and blaspheme God. (Revelation 14:14-20)
Demons & Dwelling Place?
Here is what I can tell you about demons during the End of Times.
Following the darkness and pain on those who do not have the mark of God, the sixth bowl talks about three demonic spirits coming from the dragon (Satan), the beast (the Anti-Christ), and the false prophet. (Revelation 16:13)
- Purpose Of Unclean Spirits (Sixth Bowl) (NLT) Revelation 16:14, “They are demonic spirits who work miracles and go out to all the rulers of the world to gather them for battle against the Lord on that great judgment day of God the Almighty.”
When Babylon the Great falls, this is when the whole world is one nation under Satan (see Revelation 17:15-18) an angel does proclaim “And he cried mightily with a loud voice saying, “Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and has become a dwelling place of demons, a prison for every foul spirit, and a cage for every unclean and hated bird!” Revelation 18:02.
Really Look At Scripture
I know it is tempting to hear everyone share their visions, dreams, and the words they claim to hear from the Lord. But I highly encourage you to study the word of God with GOD! The more you know of the multiple books of the Bible, the more you will connect. Please be careful about who you are listening to!
(NIV) Matthew 24:23-26, “At that time if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the Messiah!’ or, ‘There he is!’ do not believe it. For false messiahs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect. See, I have told you ahead of time. So if anyone tells you, ‘There he is, out in the wilderness,’ do not go out; or, ‘Here he is, in the inner rooms,’ do not believe it.”
Not everyone who says they claim to have heard the Lord has really heard the voice of the Lord!
If you would like to look at other posts on the end of times check out
Song Inspiration: Blow You Away by Manafest (Doug Weier Remix)
Are you familiar with the Three Days of Darkness? What is your take on the scripture?
Monthly Scripture – (NIV) 2 Corinthians 4:02, “Rather, we have renounced secret and shameful ways; we do not use deception, nor do we distort the word of God. On the contrary, by setting forth the truth plainly we commend ourselves to everyone’s conscience in the sight of God.”
- Seeking More Christian Bloggers To Connect With/Read? Check Out The Community
- Help For Christian Bloggers-Christian Blogging 101/Help
- General Help For Blogging– Blogging 101
- Second Blog: Peeking Beneath