After writing the post Impacting One Person So They Can Impact Many I’ve been encouraged to focus on ways I can see an impact.
Recently… I’ve been thinking about the impacts I don’t see.
And this is where stats come in.
Some Christian bloggers are completely detached from stats, which is wonderful, but most are not. There are a couple of problems stats can present.
- We base our value of writing on stats.
- Numbers can become an idol.
- We may cater to numbers instead of writing what God wants us to.
- We forget numbers do not represent impact, only views/comments.
This is the truth of what it means to be a follower of Christ.
We can be the most successive blogger and God will not be pleased with us. However, we could have a very small influence in the world, and God would be pleased with us.
This is not to confuse anyone thinking that our works save us. However, there are consequences for what we do. We either honor God with our actions or do not. Blogging is no exception.
What we devote our lives to, our priorities will shine through. Yes, the world has an equation for what is a success, but that does not mean it is equal in God’s eyes.
Being aware of this, I was looking at my monthly stats and suddenly had the idea. “What if the months with fewer stats happened to have more impact?”
- What if someone was encouraged to follow Christ because of a post?
- What if someone was encouraged to write a post and that post they wrote, because of mine, inspired others to go to Christ?
- What if someone was encouraged by something they read of mine and acted on it to draw closer to the Lord?
Shouldn’t all of these reasons be my main focus when I’m looking at numbers?
And for the most part, I’ll never know. It’s not about me knowing, but about me putting hope and prayer in every post I write for the Lord and His people. It stops me thinking of myself in selfish ways, and it also prevents self-destruction.
I hope next time you struggle with stats, this can be an encouragement to you. 🙂
You May Also Like – 5 Things To Focus On Instead Of Stats | Christian Blogger
Interested Into More Christian Blogging Topics? – Go Here
What do you take away when you read someone’s post?
Monthly Scripture: (NIV) Isaiah 40:31, “But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.”
Community Prayer Requests | May– Join us in requesting prayer, praying for each other and lifting each other up.
- Seeking More Christian Bloggers To Connect With/Read? Check Out The Community
- Help For Christian Bloggers-Christian Blogging 101/Help
- General Help For Blogging– Blogging 101
- Second Blog: Peeking Beneath