I have not done an award since almost a year ago, but I want to shine the spotlight on others, as well as allow ways for you to get to know me better.
His Perfect Timing so graciously…TWO YEARS AGO…nominated me for this award. Her blog is always packed full of scripture, application to life, and positivity. She was one of the first blogs I really connected to when I first started blogging.
What Is The Blogger Recognition Award
As I found on another website, The Blogger Recognition Award is given to bloggers by bloggers who appreciate the hard work, dedication and vast amount of hours we all put into each and every post, as well as keeping the website current and updated.
How I Started Inside Cup
Ever since I was 13, I knew I wanted to discuss topics believers face, especially dealing with struggles. In 2014, I had started a blog, but not on WordPress. It was not until 2016 I finally decided to take my thoughts to a bigger platform like WordPress, but it took over a year for me to really find my footing and become involved in the community.
I’m grateful for the first year because I learned a lot, and I had to learn to devote my blog first to God before I started writing for others. In 2017, I started becoming more consistent, creating series, and diving into topics encouraging others to draw close to Christ, even if some were difficult. What I’ve learned from my first full year of blogging helped me tune in better to my community and my audience. I’m so thankful the Lord is my Teacher, and continues to be.
Two Pieces Of Advice I Have For New Bloggers
1. Don’t Focus On The Numbers- It is so easy for people to get caught up in stats. I’ve discussed it a couple of times already.
- 5 Things To Focus On Instead Of Stats | Christian Blogger
- The Right Way To Look At Stats | Christian Blogger
If you start beating up yourself about not making a difference, yet you have even one follower, one comment, or better yet one CONSISTENT reader, you have something going. You ARE making an impact. Use it wisely.
Take this time to slow down. Be willing to admit it’s better having a smaller group while you grow so you have time to refine your skills as a blogger. You can’t learn everything overnight.
While you grow, remember what it was like when 5 views was a good day. Never take any individual for granted. Wouldn’t you want your own view and comment to matter to others?
2. Make Sure To Reach Out To The Community
I’m not saying every day or even every week if it’s not possible. But find bloggers who share your niche. Bloggers who can stir inspiration and encouragement to you. Read their work. Like their work, if it speaks to you. Comment and discuss what you like or what spoke to you. This gets your name out there. It supports others.
In the previous point, I shared how easy it is for us to wonder about our writing. We aren’t alone. Many bloggers feel this way. Show them their writing leaves an impact.
And you may very well find some people who encourage you along the way, and perhaps, become great friends in the process.
- Beautifully Rewritten
- Refreshing Spirit
- Autumn Wood Writes
- Ann Malley
- The Sullivan Spin
- Growing Thru Something
- Shae’s Days
- Running The Race
- God’s Whispers Of Truth
- Pointe To Christ
- Following Him Beside Still Waters
- Becoming His Tapestry
- Create. In. Me.
- Lea’s Spiritual Journey
- Taking Up My Cross
- Rules For The Nominees
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started blogging.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Select 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to. Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them and provide the link to the post you created.
What advice do you have for new bloggers?
Monthly Scripture: (NIV) Isaiah 40:31, “But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.”
Community Prayer Requests | May– Join us in requesting prayer, praying for each other and lifting each other up.
- Seeking More Christian Bloggers To Connect With/Read? Check Out The Community
- Help For Christian Bloggers-Christian Blogging 101/Help
- General Help For Blogging– Blogging 101
- Second Blog: Peeking Beneath