Liebster is a word from German origins meaning: sweetest, dearest, beloved, among other kind affectionate words. The award is to recognize or discover new bloggers and welcome them into the community.
Two years ago… I was nominated by the lovely Faye of Create. In. Me.
I always enjoyed Faye’s blog. She is a fellow Christian blogger. She loves dogs. Takes beautiful photos. What I love most about her is her genuineness in being real. Not all bloggers are able to be that open, which is all the more why I appreciate Faye. I highly recommend her blog to you.
11 Facts About Myself
- My favorite color used to be purple since I was a kid, but now it’s more towards yellows, teals, and light blues.
- I’ve written three novels, all were over 40,000 words.
- Currently working on two books. One I’ve never really talked about. 😉
- I discovered Tozer this year, and love his work.
- In the Bible Study, I am doing with a fellow sister of Christ, we’ve gone through Romans, 1 & 2 Corinthians, Galatians, and Daniel completely.
- Currently studying the book of Job and Matthew in my Bible Study.
- I really enjoy Bible history.
- I desire to read Pilgrim’s Progress but do not like old English. I’ve found two free ebooks to help me with this. One just changed the words to more modern sounding. And another, inspired by the original work, wrote a modern story.
- LOVE finding new Christian music. My playlist on YouTube is over 700 songs.
- Currently, my newest favorite found song is Deliverance by The Ruins.
- I’m really close to writing my 700th post for Inside Cup.
Faye’s 11 Questions:
1. List one of your favorite bloggers. How have they influenced you personally?
– Efua from Grace Over Pain She encourages me to keep writing even if the topics are hard. In fact, I know the question does not say this, but Sue Love from Run With It is another blogger who truly encourages me with this same message. And countless others.
Encouragement has been a big deal for me with this community. I’m very used to encouraging others, but not always being encouraged back. God has used this community of bloggers to push me forward even further. He reminds me I have other warriors I am standing beside.
2. What is your favorite blog post you’ve written and why?
Did anyone see the memo of almost 700 posts? Yeah, wow. I don’t think I have “one” favorite. One of my first favorites was We Can’t Be Passionate Christians. It was right around the time my audience was becoming more engaged in my posts. This post, as discussed, was one that was very prickly. It stirred a lot of discussion.
It is one of my favorites because out of that discussion I realized how easy it is for people to take things out of posts that I do not say. This was the first post that I later created a second clarity post to follow up with. God taught me a lot through it. Listen to what people are saying. Direct issues or problems. If more than one person is struggling with the same thing, it may very well become another post topic.
Pray. Pray. Pray.
Pray before I start writing. Pray during. Pray before it publishes and pray after.
3. Which social media platform do you prefer– Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or Snapchat? Regarding my blog, Instagram. I like choosing one picture and sharing something that connects with the Lord and what He is teaching me.
4. What is your favorite dessert? Hmm, another tricky question. Well, when I can, for my birthday (which is in August) I like getting strawberry pie. It’s strawberries, jello in a pie topped with whipped cream. Sometimes the bottom crust is made with crushed pretzels for a sweet and salty taste.
5. What is your non-fiction favorite book? Why is it your favorite? The Bible is definitely my to go to. It literally is the living word. I’ve always taken something new regardless of how many times I’ve read the same thing over. Aside from the Bible, in case the answer was cliche, I love, Story of my life by Helen Keller. I’ve always been fascinated by Helen’s story, how she grew up both deaf and blind. But she learned to read and write. She also was a beautiful writer, and Christian.
6. If you could go into any imaginary book land, where would you go? Why?
Probably Green Gables. I’d love to talk to Anne and Marilla, a woman of wisdom. A much simpler time. Take away the feeling of always being rushed or having something to do.
7. What is your favorite movie? Why is it your favorite? Man, I’m not really good with “favorite” or “one” being together. No, actually, after thinking about it, I do have a particular favorite movie. I do not care how old I am, I very much enjoy kid shows. One of my favorites was Alvin and the Chipmunks, and they had a movie called The Chipmunk Adventure, I believe.
Love the music. It has a nostalgia for me, so that’s partly why. In fact, the day I graduated college, I couldn’t stop hearing, “Hey don’t you know that we’re off to see the world?” I felt very blessed as that song came to mind like God was reminding me of what He was going to do, even if I was afraid.
Runners up would probably be Larry Boy and the Fib From Outer Space & Esther from VeggieTales, even though they’re not really movie length.
8. Do you have a favorite hobby? If yes, what is it and how could you grow in your skills this year? Hmm, currently, I’ve been container gardening. Truthfully, whatever happens this year will make me better for next year.
9. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go? Why? Well, right now I’m hungry, so that possibly could influence me to go to the nearest restaurant xD.
10. What are your top 5 favorite songs? I’m going to share my top five NEW favorite songs because, again, I have too many, and am always finding more.
- Feels like the first time – Finding Favour
- What If I Gave Everything – Casting Crowns
- Need You More – King & Country
- The Hurt & The Healer – MercyMe
- Deliverance – The Ruins
11. What is one thing you can praise God for right now?
A country in which I am able to still have a blog sharing the Gospel.
My Nominees: Check Out These Blogs
- All You Need Is Jesus (Leigh)
- Feeding On Jesus (Jennifer)
- Grace Over Pain (Efua)
- La Petit Muse (Diana)
- My Way Home (Meredith)
- Living Like A Green Olive Tree (Vanessa)
- A New Life (Amy)
- Imago Dei (Deandra)
- Amazing Tangled Grace
- Teen Meet God (Shae)
- Maddy’s Digitial Diary (Maddy)
Should you accept the award here are the rules:
The rules for the Liebster Award are:
1. Acknowledge the blog that gave it to you and display the award
2. Answer the 11 questions that the blogger gives you
3. Give 11 random facts about yourself
4. Nominate 11 blogs and notify them of their nomination
5. Give these blogs 11 questions to answer.
My 11 Questions For The Nominees.
- What is one of your favorite scriptures & why?
- What would you describe as the most relaxing day?
- What is your favorite song?
- How has God shown you His love through something small?
- What is something you used to like as a little kid, you don’t like now?
- What is something you need to be told today?
- If you could get rid of any fear you have, which would it be and why?
- What advice would you give to a new blogger?
- What has blogging taught you so far?]
- What color do you think fits your personality best?
- Within the past year, what is something you have overcome?
No pressure to accept 🙂 or however long it takes.