I was nominated by Gail of Gail Loves God blog for the Mystery Blogger Award. Gail makes her rounds in the community. She definitely has the spiritual gift of encouraging others. Her blog covers an assortment of tags, prayers, and she sometimes shares poetry from her second blog.
About The Award:
The Mystery Blogger Award was created by Okoto Enigma .
“An award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging, and they do it with so much love and passion.”
Gail’s Questions To Me Are:
1. What makes you burp? (That’s my required weird question.)
2. What would you like to talk with God about one on one?
So I thought about this, and I think I would ask Him to tell anything that He knew I needed to hear. Be it encouragement, edification, or both.
3. Do you have a prayer request?
For the Lord to provide a co-op for my husband to do his internship. That this job would be something he can do once he graduates, and that this job not only provides financially but also for medical and dental needs as well.
4. What do you like to blog about?
Jesus and drawing closer to Him.
5. Where in the world do you live?
In the United States of America.
Three Things About Myself
- This year I started to listen to sermons and podcasts online. I never did before but was encouraged by how it blessed my sisters in Christ. God has definitely used these resources to speak to me.
- I started to get back into reading again. I used to love reading when I was younger, but over the year just stopped. One of the books I read recently you can read about here: The Journals Of Rachel Scott: A Journey Of Faith At Columbine High | Book Review
- There is a YouTuber I watch who drinks hot water all the time. Now, I haven’t gotten to the point I can drink only hot water, but I have been enjoying hot water with lemon.
A Link To My Best Post(s)
So, what I am going to do is share some posts that readers have particularly taken an interest in. I wouldn’t say these are posts I think are the best or what I would expect. But these are the posts that have been connecting the most with others. That doesn’t mean they have the most likes or comments. But these posts definitely have reached the most people and I thank the Lord for that.
This is one of the most viewed posts this year, and I wrote this in 2018. In fact, I don’t know why people are drawn to it. I know some have been searching for the scripture so perhaps that’s why. It’s a very quick post sharing the scripture I picked for the month. With the amount of interest it’s had, I am considering writing a follow-up post that actually digs into the scripture more.
This post I shared last year as well and it has gathered a lot of attention this year. It actually is a post I reshared. The original was in 2016 when I first started my blog, and I knew many people were not familiar with those original posts. This post is definitely something I can understand people being interested in. I had never experienced someone giving me a “word” before. (This is when someone shares what God puts on their heart to share with you, and this person was a stranger, someone who did not know me.)
This post is from this year. It’s funny to me because when I felt God direct a series of posts on discussing Christian bloggers and how that means we need to surrender everything to Him. He needs to be the spotlight in everything, that includes blogging. We have no excuse. I was convinced before publishing that people would not only struggle with what I wrote but that if they followed me they would leave. I was preparing for really mean comments.
By the grace and protection of God, all comments were productive. I did see some defenses, to which I wrote a few more posts encouraging and showing bloggers HOW they could talk about Christ in every post and point to Him. Overall though, even the disagreements or confusion led to stronger and deeper conversations.
This post taught me that when we step out in faith, trusting God to write what He wants us to write, no matter what, He is with us in the storm. I did not think this post would be one that many would view, let alone, agree with. But it is.
God showed me a lot in writing it, and a lot through His Church Body.
Another unexpected post to be popular this year that I wrote last year. I was planning on just sharing the main three, but this post was very significant to me. I remember praying and God inspiring me with the message of the post. And here is one more reason why I wanted to share this post with you.
The message is important. Now as bloggers, we sometimes struggle with stats, right? This post honestly did well on its own the first month it was published. However, I was comparing its stats to the highest post of the month (which was almost twice as much). I desired, at the time, for it to have gained more than it did, and that just steals joy.
Something God has taught me since the summer of last year up to now is you may feel like your post is not doing good. The first day it’s published, its first week, first month, or year. But my friend, don’t you ever doubt that when someone really needs to be inspired by something you wrote, God will provide. He will always provide. It may not look the way you think, and that’s okay!
- Put the award logo/image on your blog
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- You have to nominate 10 – 20 people
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice;
with one weird or funny question (specify)
- Share a link to your best post(s)
My Five Questions For Nominees:
- What is your favorite scripture and why?
- What is your favorite Christian song (hymn, worship, whatever)?
- What color(s) are your socks? (My weird question)
- If you happened to slip on a banana peel (and didn’t get hurt) would you laugh?
- What is one thing you can do today to help yourself tomorrow?
Monthly Scripture – (NLT) Psalm 90:02, “Before the mountains were born, before You gave birth to the earth and the world, from beginning to end, You are God.”
Community Prayer Requests | November ’19– Join us in requesting prayer, praying for each other and lifting each other up.
Second Blog: Peeking Beneath