I was nominated by the incredible Lea of Dancing After Jesus. Lea actually gave me this award two years ago… as you know, I’ve been working on slowly catching up.
Liebster is a word from German origins meaning: sweetest, dearest, beloved, among other kind affectionate words. The award is to recognize or discover new bloggers and welcome them into the community.
11 Facts About Myself:
- I like pineapple on pizza
- I like watching moving water, like rivers.
- One of my favorite birds is the titmouse
- One of my favorite birds is a turtledove
- A couple weeks ago a squirrel was in front of my window and he freaked me out. I thought, “Man, that is a big leaf.” It was his tail x.x.
- I like drinking hot water with lemon and sometimes honey.
- I don’t understand why dark roast coffee is so hard to find in stores.
- I am writing a fanfic.
- I can crochet, but I struggle with patterns. I tend to keep it simple.
- I have never been overseas.
- I don’t know how to ride a bike.
Lea’s Questions To Me:
1. What are 3 posts on your blog that mean a lot to you?
Are You Really A Christian Blogger? – I didn’t think people would take this well, but God provided.
Intimate Meaning In, “I Do Not Know You.”– This was a very special post to write and very eye-opening.
I Asked For Ducks & God Gave Me A Seagull– A special moment I shared with the Lord.
2. What is your favorite animal?
Now, I love me some animals, but my heartthrob is set on weiner dogs!
3. Biggest pet peeve.
Lol! I think I’ve sat here five minutes contemplating what my “biggest” pet peeve. I mean, I’m human, I get annoyed. But I try not to focus on annoyances. So, here is a pet peeve I had as a kid, and I don’t care anymore. I used to get really upset when I was told constantly, and I do mean constantly, how much I look like my mom. You know, being a kid, you are striving for your own independence and identity. I didn’t want to look like “my mom” I wanted to be me, and I, frankly, got sick of the comments. Haha, people probably thought I was rude and/or a brat. I was, at times, so they would be right!
Update: Yesterday, long before this post goes out, I discovered a pet peeve. I hate it when the clothes fall off the rack! GRR!
4. Name a song that you can listen to over and over again.
Let’s see, I’m the kinda of person who will listen over and over until the song grows old. Oh, I got one. Child Of Mine by Mark Schultz. I have heard this song since I was about 13, and have loved it since. God has ministered to me so much through it.
5. Favorite thing about blogging?
Getting to hear people’s stories and seeing how something I’ve written can be used to give God glory.
6. Share something you love about yourself.
I love that through the Holy Spirit what was once filthy rags can be made white as snow. I have Someone who is always with me and His fire in me. I love Him.
7. What is something you wish more people knew?
That conviction is not what most of the world thinks it is. If we are exposing ourselves to something sinful or that is not giving honor to God, we don’t need “conviction” to give it up. Sin is sin, period. It needs cut out of our lives. I used to believe this lie because I was so blind and desensitized.
8. Where do you get your inspiration to write?
I have a lot of rants with God. Sometimes it starts with prayer, and other times it comes out of worship, or you know, when I’m doing dishes. That tends to be when I rant the most to Him. During these times, certain topics are placed on my mind and spirit and they usually turn into a blog post topic I know I need to cover.
9. Share a vision you have for your future you.
I don’t really have one. I just want to be content with where God has me and trust His will above all else. This is something I am actively working on, so I suppose, in the future, I hope and pray and I am closer to Jesus than when I write this.
10. Tell me 3 things you are grateful for.
Jesus. Being used by Jesus. And…chocolate!
Should you accept the award here are the rules:
The rules for the Liebster Award are:
1. Acknowledge the blog that gave it to you and display the award
2. Answer the 11 questions that the blogger gives you
3. Give 11 random facts about yourself
4. Nominate 11 blogs and notify them of their nomination
5. Give these blogs 11 questions to answer.
Questions For Nominees:
- What word do you really enjoy and why?
- What is one moment you knew Jesus was at work in your life?
- What is one question (or topic) you struggled with that God finally gave you a breakthrough on?
- What inspired your blog name?
- What is a favorite memory you have of your family (or anyone you consider family)?
- What is your favorite season?
- Are you a night owl or a morning person?
- What is your favorite book of the Bible?
- Do you like coffee?
- If you could have told yourself one thing yesterday, what would it be?
- What is one thing you would like to tell yourself tomorrow?
Monthly Scripture – (NIV) 2 Corinthians 2:11, “in order that Satan might not outwit us. For we are not unaware of his schemes.”
Community Prayer Requests | December ’19– Join us in requesting prayer, praying for each other and lifting each other up.
Second Blog: Peeking Beneath