Oof, there is no easy way to say this, aside from I am sorry to my reading community.
Last year, as some of you know, I shared that I no longer look at dreams the way I used to. This resulted in privating all of my dream posts. But let me back up, just a little.
Last year, my focus became about Christ and His word (the Bible.) I no longer seek Him in symbolic ways, like I used to. There were false teachings I was under disguised as “Christian” but they were nothing more than mysticism and New Age practices. I no longer worry about my purpose or what my calling is. Jesus has given me such freedom in understanding these things, all from scripture alone.
Note: That does not mean every person has the same role. We are a body, with different members. But what I hope to share this year is that our calling, purpose, and even figuring out our spiritual gifts is not as cryptic, as some might have us believe. These are not things any Christian should worry about, rather, take delight in. If we listen for the Lord, we need to be listening to His word. Reading the Bible is where we truly hear Him. Not in silence. Not in dreams. Not in symbols outside of the Bible, etc. Our heart is deceitful. Our thoughts and feelings can be clouded and wrong. We can feel we are 100% sure what we hear in our thoughts is from God and be utterly wrong. The Bible is never wrong, it is His word, and that is where we hear Him.
I have no doubt saying these things might sound troubling to some. Honestly, while I was working through my own thoughts and challenges on these topics, it was rough. I had put decades into these ideas. I read books by authors I thought, for sure, were sound pastors. But the one challenge I kept seeing was that what these “godly” men and women were claiming to be from scripture… the truth was that the Bible did not say those things unless the scripture was twisted. Unless the scripture had more information added and woven into the verses, what these men and women proclaimed were simply not true.
When I understood this, and accepted it, I found freedom in scripture alone. It’s really hard to explain unless you have experienced it yourself. Truly, we need Christ alone. Not experiences. Not feelings. Nothing outside of scripture to make us feel “more connected” to God. They can be wonderful blessings, but experiences and feelings can be very deceptive. We can be so convinced we are right about Christian matters, and be so wrong.
I was wrong. I’m sorry. This is why I have recanted and pulled many posts and will continue to do so. I have over 900, so it’s a process.
Please understand, I do not expect you to agree with me, on this post, if you oppose these positions. It takes time to understand where I am coming from. I get it because just last year I upheld the views I am now against. As one sister in Christ told me, in many ways it’s like I have done a 360. I spent months studying, researching, and listening to others share a different perspective and challenge the ones I once believed to be true. All I ask, really, is to hear me out, best as you can. Pray and go to scripture. Be willing to hear a different perspective.
Main Issues With Posts Being Pulled
I went over most of my posts in 2016 and begun to go over ones in 2017. Many of those are now private. I hope in time to take the core of some of the posts and put better theology and scripture to them. Some posts were deleted because I have more recent ones that better cover the topic. But a large portion of why I made some posts private related to the following:
1. The post shared works-based theology – I have been convicted that I did promote works-based theology, in the past. For many years, I absolutely was confused because I did not realize some of the things I believed in were works-based. If you do not know what this means, it’s basically what we do (anything considered godly/righteous actions) increases our “points” for earning salvation. I hate saying it that way, but I think those who understand will agree. Let it be said, we were created for good works. (Ephesians 2:10) Christians are to be set apart. (1 Corinthians 6:19-20) Christians are to walk in the way of the Spirit. (Romans 8:04) We are to live righteous and godly lives, and we will fail (Romans 7:19-21) because we are not perfect 24/7.
We will need to seek repentance from our sins. This is why we put our faith in Christ alone. He justifies us. Not by the way we live, even if it is for Him. Christ became our atonement sacrifice on the cross. (Romans 5:08-10) He was the only One to live a perfect life and that is why He is referred to as the unblemished Lamb, our sin sacrifice. (Hebrews 7:26-27) We put our faith in Christ, not our works, to save us. In comparison to Christ, our works are filthy rags.
Those in Christ WILL live godly lives because the Holy Spirit convicts of sin, righteousness, and the judgment to come. (John 16:08-13) We are sinners, and we will need refinement and repentance. Both are found in the Savior. He helps us be convicted of sin because He opens our eyes to the truth and He helps us repent. A godly life does not earn us salvation, only Jesus. (Check out: Why Did A Loving God Kill His Son? (Does God Hate?) for a more in depth look at scripture for the Savior.)
2. The post made assumptions readers were already Christian and already knew the truth, therefore, there was a lack of discussion on the Gospel and repentance – This is problematic because people who are under other false teachings could probably read some of my old posts and not see an issue in the false teaching they are under. Those who did not understand the Gospel fully would not understand the Gospel any better reading some of my old posts.
I once thought the Gospel did not need to be shared in every setting, and I now realize this is so not true. The Gospel is everything and no matter how mature a Christian is every Christian needs reminded of the Gospel daily! And if this is true for mature Christians, how much more for those who do not know?
3. VERY misleading description of the Trinity – Some posts said Jesus, God, and the Holy Spirit – Honestly, I am still in shock. No one corrected me, as far as I know, all these four, almost five years. This is so misleading to readers. I have even described Jesus as God and Man. Yet, for some crazy reason, in multiple posts, I was saying Jesus, God, and the Holy Spirit.
If you do not see the error, the reason this is a problem is because my wording indicates both Jesus and the Holy Spirit are not God, and that God is part of the Trinity. GOD IS THE TRINITY! The Father is not mentioned, either. So it could be implied either the Father is only God, or there is no Father Person. I have sought forgiveness from the Lord, and to you, dear reader, I apologize. Jesus is God. The Father is God. The Holy Spirit is God. All are three individual Persons. All are NOT each other. Jesus is not the Father, and He is not the Holy Spirit. The Father is not the Son and He is not the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is not the Son and He is not the Father.
Two resources that explain the Trinity so much better than I can, if you would like to learn more or disagree with me, please see: Mike Winger’s video on the Trinity: Can we defend it Biblically? and Chris Rosebrough on the Trinity. Both are worth a watch, they cover different points 🙂
4. Wrong Information/Needed Better Research, Studying & Scripture Provided– This is more self-explanatory. When I started to post more on Inside Cup, although I believed I was giving my longer posts enough time, some topics deserved more time and research. Other posts simply needed to be rewritten with better information. Some topics I was sadly ignorant on, and of course, I was not aware.
If I find more common themes that disturb me, I might make another post and explain why I am taking posts down of that nature. But I hoped to, at least, give you a more thorough explanation of what is going on and my recant.
There are MANY topics I so wish to write on, but I have to have the proper research ready, and that takes time to compile those kinds of posts. Instead, for now, what I can do is provide you with some of the people and their material that I have enjoyed listening to and learning from. These helped me a lot last year and started my journey to where I am now. (Below is only a sample. To see more people I recommend please see my post: Godly Men & Women I Recommend To Listen To on UnAshamed Christian Housewife. )
- The Unpardonable Sin – Blasphemy Against The Holy Spirit By Pastor Tim Conway – I am sharing this because this sermon really helped me in 2019 when I was struggling a lot mentally. When I shared on the blog my struggle, I kept seeing people go back to those posts, especially last year, and if anyone is struggling, I recommend checking out how Pastor Tim breaks down the topic.
- This is the one that really started me off to my journey early 2020 – Why We Quit Working For Joyce Meyer, and left the Word of Faith Movement
- My introduction to NAR (New Apostolic Reformation) – Doreen Virtue: Why She Left the NAR Church: Tara’s Testimony
- My ignorance to the Enneagram- Enneagram and its dangers for Christians: Doreen Virtue: Enneagram Hidden Truth (Also discovered CANA, Marcia’s website, and her posts on the New Age to help Christians understand why New Age practices are wrong, and yes, they are disguised as Christian)
- Lindsay’s Davis’ Testimony – Ex-Bethel Student Tells All – This began my research into the music I listen to and the importance of what I promote to others. What Lindsay shared was beyond shocking and I admitted I have been in denial about researching who I listen to.
- “Why Our Church No Longer Plays Bethel Or Hillsong Music,” Pastor explains false teachings – This is why most of my Song Sundays have been taken down.
- What inspired the most popular post of last year: Visionaries & Vision Boards: Warning To Christians – This is the video inspiration. Doreen Virtue: Why Christians Should Avoid Vision Boards
- Mike Winger & Melissa Dougherty: How New Age & Word Of Faith Misunderstand The Bible –
- Melissa Dougherty: Why I Think the Law Of Attraction Is Garbage – Melissa came out of the New Age just like Doreen, Tara, and Marcia. See Melissa’s testimony From New Age To Jesus.
- Melissa Dougherty: Entering Into The Mind of the Jehovah Witness (discussing brain washing and mind control, great material for anyone who knows an indivdual struggling with cult thinking. These individuals, like JWs, need to be approached about Christ in a different way to break the barrier. For example, using THEIR materials to point out holes, etc.)
- Fighting 4 Faith: How To Narcigete Any Bible Story – why is it that people read themselves into Bible Stories? Is that how we are to discern and understand context? It is here I began to get familiar with exegesis (proper reading of text) and eisegesis (reading into the text) of scripture.
- Melissa Dougherty: Doesn’t Jesus Say Not To Judge?! – There is a common misconception that we are not to judge at all. But, as Melissa points out with scripture, this is impossible to do. The goal is that we judge righteously.
- Michelle Lesley: Sacrificing Truth On The Alter Of Tone as Michelle says, “Our sensitivity to tone (of voice, of writing, someone’s demeanor, etc.) is a hindrance rather than a help to us when we refuse to evaluate the content of what someone is saying to us simply because their manner of speaking, writing, or behavior has offended our sensibilities. This is especially harmful when that content is biblical truth.”
- Doreen Virtue & Susan Heck: Why Are Women’s Bible Studies Filled With False Teachers
- Melissa Dougherty: The MegaChurch Mega-Mess
Want to check out more? I have some public playlists I have put together with videos I find helpful.
- Christian Questions, Topics, False Teachers, Insights – Has almost 200 videos to check out.
- Sermons To Grow From – Paul Washer, John MacArthur, Pastor Tim Conway, Mike Winger, Leonard Ravenhill, John Bunyan, Charles Spurgeon
I appreciate everyone who has supported this blog and I appreciate your patience as I work through the mess I created. I pray newer posts are more informative, more sound in the truth of Jesus Christ, and can point you to sound teachers. But most of all, I pray the Lord is glorified in truth.
For a further explanation as to why it is important I repent publicly please see: Thank You All For The Encouragement & Prayers (I Want To Clarify Why I Publicly Recanted)
Monthly Scripture To Ponder/Memorize From Psalm 37– (NKJ) Psalm 37:03, “Trust in the Lord, and do good; dwell in the land, and feed on His faithfulness.”
Community Prayer & Praise – January 2021