For the past few years, I’ve enjoyed writing about salvation around Valentine’s Day. Today, I want to share previous posts that have gone in-depth and I want to share some videos that I have found really helpful in understanding a Christian walk and salvation in Christ.
Some of my salvation posts are now privated, you can read the full story here, if you would like – I Am So Sorry! | Why I Am Privating A Lot Of Old Posts
In encouraging people to get rid of sin and anything that may tempt sin, some pieces of my posts sounded like I was promoting works to earn salvation. Even though in some posts I did share it is not about works, but Christ, there were misunderstandings. I understand why. Some posts were privated because I have more recent ones that better cover the topic. I do admit, too, I was under works-based theology, so somethings I said were wrong.
I am continuing to work on how I word Christian living in my posts. Last night, I think I saw from Doreen Virtue how to word it best. She basically said, “Legalism is believing works save us. Works do not save us, but a saved Christian will desire to obey God.” Many others have explained that works is evidence of salvation. The two do go together, and I think sometimes it’s confusing. Good works are not a bad thing. Legalism is.
In last year’s post, I Used To Believe In The Sinner’s Prayer, I do go over a bit of what it means to put the old man to death. I have since added a disclaimer at the top of the post to help clarify that I am not trying to promote works, rather, ways to avoid sin and obey the Lord. I wanted to introduce basics of Christian living. This was not my only focus in the post, but I certainly covered a bit and I believe it needed to be addressed. As Paul Washer shares those who repent will continue to repent. Those who put their faith in Christ will continue to put their faith in Christ. These are evidences of a Christian walk, not how we receive salvation. Christ is the only answer.
- Post – Why Did A Loving God Kill His Son? (Does God Hate?)
- Post –I Used To Believe In The Sinner’s Prayer…I Do Not Anymore… (Has been updated)
- Post – Salvation- Why Is It Important/Needed? (Has been updated)
Salvation | Gospel | Repentance Video Recommendations
(If you struggle with long vids, I recommend doing breaks of 5- 10 mins or 20 mins 🙂 Good info! Do not miss out!)
- Wretched– Definitive Proof We Must Not Dumb Down The Gospel For Our Youth (6 mins)
- Wretched– Should We Lead Someone In “The Sinner’s Prayer” (4 mins) – Covers errors in the sinner’s prayer.
- Wretched– 12 Signs Of A Repentant Heart (29 mins)
- Paul Washer – What Is The Gospel (1 Hr 13 mins)
- Paul Washer – A Biblical Alternative To The Sinner’s Prayer (7 mins 30 seconds) “I’m sick and tired of people being led into a decision with very little knowledge of the Gospel. Trusting in a decision rather then looking onto Christ. Living in ungodliness and believing they are saved because some religious authority of the evangelical community told them they were. And they are almost completely insulated now from hearing the true Gospel. Stop it.” If you watch any I recommend this!
- Paul Washer – Examine Yourself (1 Hr 14 mins) “I’m going to preach a message tonight that has angered many, many churchmen.”
- Paul Washer– Die To Self, Surrender To Christ (22 mins)
- Mike Winger – How To Be Saved (1 Hr 30 mins)
- Mike Winger– Thinking Biblically About “The Sinner’s Prayer” (3 mins)
- Tim Conway– Saved Or Uncertain: The Security of the Believer (Ask Pastor Tim) 44 mins
Happy (Early) Valentines Day! To God be the glory!
Monthly Scripture To Memorize/Meditate On – (ESV) Romans 5:08, “but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.”
Community Prayer – February ‘21
Get To Know Me & My Blog
Second Blog: Peeking Beneath
One thought on “Valentine’s Gift – Salvation Is Found In Christ”