In today’s world where feelings run rampant and disagreements automatically mean hate, I think it’s important to be reminded of what the scripture says of the world.
(ESV) James 4:04, “You adulterous people! Do you not know that friendship with the world is enmity with God? Therefore whoever wishes to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God.”
(ESV) 1 John 2:15, “Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him.”
(ESV) John 15:19, “If you were of the world, the world would love you as its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you.”
(ESV) 1 John 4:05-06, “They are from the world; therefore they speak from the world, and the world listens to them. We are from God. Whoever knows God listens to us; whoever is not from God does not listen to us. By this we know the Spirit of truth and the spirit of error.” Speaking of false teachers/spirit of anti-christ – For full context please read 1 John 4
(ESV) James 1:26-27, “If anyone thinks he is religious and does not bridle his tongue but deceives his heart, this person’s religion is worthless. Religion that is pure and undefiled before God the Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their affliction, and to keep oneself unstained from the world.”
From these 5 scriptures we gain this about worldliness:
- Worldliness = sin, love of sin, praise of men
- The love of God is not in someone who embraces the world and worldly desires.
- We cannot be a friend of the world and a friend of God, it makes us like a harlot because we cheat on the Lord with the desires of the world
- Being a friend of the world makes us an enemy of God.
- Those who are worldly will not listen to God, they will reject Jesus Christ
- The world will hate followers of Christ because the world hates Christ
- Those who are worldly will not listen to those from God
- Those who have worldliness have the spirit of error
- Having an unrestrained tongue is a sign of worldliness.
- If the world accepts a “Christian” then that person is not of Christ and is likely headed toward apostasy
We still are to show the love of God to those who reject Him, but we do not bow to the world. We do not put the feelings of others above God, for if we do, then we seek the praises/acceptance of man over God and His ordinances. If we truly love others, then we will point them to Jesus Christ. We will not be ashamed of the Gospel and we will not hide the truth of sin and its destructive nature.
Why would a loving God kill His Son – Please See: Why Did A Loving God Kill His Son? (Does God Hate?)
Scripture To Memorize/Meditate On – (ESV) Romans 5:08, “but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.”
Community Prayer – April ‘21
- Blog For Christian Women/Teens: UnAshamed Christian Housewife