“We are around all types of spiritual opposition.” – Steve Lawson
“Our own heart is a battlefield.” – Steve Lawson
As a sinner, we didn’t have an issue with our sin before. But when we enter the Kingdom of God, as a Christian, we are in a conflict. We are a new person in Christ, and retain our corruptio,n so it’s something we have to deal with. Pastor Steve makes the point the more we go on living with Christ, we become more aware of our sin.
We need to stand against our sin, Pastor Steve says.
Galatians 5 – Standing Against Our Own Sin
Pastor Steve makes the point this conflict between flesh and Spirit shows the internal war for the Christian. We are to walk by the Spirit, and this is continuous, the goal is to walk toward Christ.
“It’s not let go and let God, it’s a call.” Pastor Steve makes it clear we are to walk toward Christ, continuously. We are not to stop. The responsibility is ours, no one can do this for us. Pastor Steve warns when we are not walking in the Spirit, we are walking in disobedience.
“High calling, lowly walk.” Pastor Steven Lawson
The love of Christ is meant to fill us, and display itself in all we do. Especially regarding how we view others who do not know the truth, and how we view brothers and sisters in Christ. Pastor Steve says the closer we are to Christ, the closer we are to other brothers and sisters in Christ. Jesus draws believers together.
“We talk to Christ in prayer, and He talks to us in His word.”- Steve Lawson
The picture of the Christian life, Pastor Steve points out, is to truly follow Christ, His ways, His person. “Can we truly say this of ourselves,” he asks.
STUDY– Points In This Message & Questions You Will Be Able To Answer:
- What is spiritual growth?
- What is sanctification?
- What is the picture of a Christian life?
- What does the resurrection of Christ do for the Christian?
- How do we receive the Spirit?
- What is internal sanctification?
- Who truly lived the Christian life?
- What is the role of the Holy Spirit in Trinity?
- What is our responsibility as a Christian?
- What is the problem of the Christian life?
- 3 great superpowers the Christian faces
- What is the flesh? What is its goal?
- What happens to the desires of the flesh for the Christian?
- What is the struggle of the flesh for the Christian?
- What is fallen humanity?
- Prompting of the Christian life
- Does the Law have a place in the Christian’s sanctification?
- What does the Spirit help the Christian do?
- What is one way to see the presence of God in our life?
- Have we gone through the narrow gate?
- What is the narrow path like?
- What does every step of the Christian life mean?
“There is not a conflict that Christ is not greater.” – Steve Lawson
Check Out: Against Our Own Sin by Steve Lawson
Scripture To Memorize/Meditate On – (ESV) John 16:07-08, “Nevertheless, I tell you the truth: it is to your advantage that I go away, for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you. But if I go, I will send him to you. And when he comes, he will convict the world concerning sin and righteousness and judgment.”
To learn more about what Jesus did on the cross and why His atonement sacrifice is so needed please see: Why Did A Loving God Kill His Son? (Does God Hate?)
*If you do not know the Gospel, do not turn away. If you think you know the Gospel, check out these questions and see how prepared you are for the day someone might ask you why you believe: The Gospel Challenge (30 Question Quiz) – Are You Ready To Defend Your Faith?
Community Prayer – Community Prayer – January ’22
Christian Topics/Series Covered
Personal Blog: Peeking Beneath
Blog For Christian Women: UnAshamed Christian Housewife
Godly Men & Women I Recommend: Link To List
Resources For False Teaching: Recommended Websites For False Teachers/Teaching
Video Playlist: Christian Questions, Topics, False Teachers, Insights
Video Playlist: New Christian Believer
Video Playlist: Understanding False Teachings
Video Playlist: Sermons To Grow From