What makes Christianity different from other religions? Why can’t the Law be obeyed completely? How do we obtain righteousness?
Today, Pastor John breaks down these questions and much more.
In order to encourage you to check out the video, I have taken a lot of what is said and turned the answers into questions. Here are some of the topics and key points made in the video.
- Ephesians 4:04-06
- What is the singularity of Christianity?
- One body, One Spirit, One hope, One Lord, One Faith, One baptism, One God
- Do proclaimed Christians believe many religions lead to eternal life?
- What does 100% of true Christians say regarding eternal life?
- Why do people cave in?
- What is the law of noncontradiction?
- How does the law of noncontradiction relate between Christianity and other religions?
- There is no other God
- Jesus is our meditator
- 1 John 5:20
- What is the most serious thing you could do in this world, according John MacArthur?
- What is unity based on and how does it connect to Ephesians 4:04-06?
- What is the body?
- Who is the Spirit?
- What is the hope?
- Who the One Lord?
- What is the one faith?
- What does baptism represent?
- Who is the one God?
- What truth is necessary for salvation?
- Romans 1:18 – what does it mean to suppress the truth in unrighteousness?
- ”When people reject the true God, they don’t find Him another way.”
- ”False religion is man in the sewer.”
- 1 Corinthians 1:18 – cross is foolishness to those who are perishing
- 1 Corinthians 2:11 – true revelation comes from the Holy Spirit
- 1 Corinthians 10:19 – false religion is demonic
- Psalm 106:37 – sacrifice children to demons
- What is an operation of Hell?
- Can Jews be saved, if they do not believe in Christ?
- How are false religions to be understand?
- What does the absolute holiness of God require?
- The Law is a standard of perfect righteousness
- Who is lowering the Law, in order to claim self-righteousness?
- What happens when we lower the Law and elevate self?
- What should we do instead when we see we cannot achieve the Law?
- To practice righteous- you would have to live the Law perfectly, fail once, it’s over
- What is the law of faith?
- Do we need a spiritual journey to receive salvation?
- Why we must believe in our heart that God resurrected Christ?
- What gets validated in the resurrection of Christ?
- What was so hard (outrageous) for the Jews to believe?
- What is the connection between willful ignorance and lack of conviction and zeal?
- Romans 10:17
- 2 Thessalonians 1
- How do you avoid eternal destruction?
Check out: One Lord, One Faith, One God by John MacArthur
The Gospel Message– The Gospel message is good news, which means there’s bad news. We all are sinners and condemned. We all deserve the just punishment of God’s wrath. Christianity is unlike any other religion because we cannot earn our way into Heaven. God saw the weakness of man and his utter depravity. Yet, He showed us grace. Jesus, God, One Person of the Trinity, became God in the flesh, the God-Man. He was always perfect and sinless. And His humanity was perfected on the cross, living the full sinless life. He became our atonement sacrifice. Dying in our place, taking on the wrath of God upon Himself. He died on the cross, and He was resurrected because death could not hold Him. Jesus is the answer. We, as guilty sinners, need His blood to pay off our debt of sin. For all who put their faith in Him – meaning eyes are opened to the Gospel, we see ourselves as a sinner, we see the need for Christ, we desire our Savior, and we see the ugliness of our sin. Putting our faith in Jesus, we seek HIs forgiveness and repent from our sins, we turn away from our old way of life. We, through the work of the Holy Spirit, continue to become convicted of sin daily. Our eyes will never be the same again. We see things in a different light, and the truth of Christ affects how we live and serve Him. Christ tells us to count the cost. Salvation is a serious topic, it is not to be taken lightly. For a breakdown of this powerful message, understanding how Christ could be God and Man, why God required sacrifices, and more -please see: Why Did A Loving God Kill His Son? (Does God Hate?)
If you think you know the Gospel, check out these questions and see how prepared you are for the day someone might ask you why you believe: The Gospel Challenge (30 Question Quiz) – Are You Ready To Defend Your Faith?
Scripture To Meditate On – 2 Timothy 3:16-17, “All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work.“
Community Prayer –Community Prayer March ’22
Christian Topics/Series Covered
Personal Blog: Peeking Beneath
Second Blog: UnAshamed Christian Housewife
Godly Men & Women I Recommend: Link To List
Resources For False Teaching: Recommended Websites For False Teachers/Teaching
Video Playlist: Christian Questions, Topics, False Teachers, Insights
Video Playlist: New Christian Believer
Video Playlist: Understanding False Teachings
Video Playlist: Sermons To Grow From
Social: Twitter, Instagram, Facebook