The cross carries a burden that only the God-Man could put upon His shoulders. In today’s video, R. C. Sproul goes over justification, propitiation, redemption, and what it meant for Christ to die upon the cross.
In order to encourage you to check out the video, I’ve turned answers given into questions, as well as list some key points.
- What seems to be the hyperbole of what the apostle Paul says?
- What were the various views of those who witnessed the cross?
- Where do we receive the interpretation of the cross?
- Romans 3
- What are the 2 comments the apostle Paul makes in Romans 3 regarding justification? What are they?
- What is propitiation?
- What was the Day of Atonement, Yom Kippur?
- What was the Mercy Seat?
- What is the connection of propitiation and satisfaction?
- How is God just and Justifier?
- What does the book of Hebrews say about the blood of bulls and goats?
- What was the temple and rituals in the Old Testament pointing to?
- What was a Redemption Center?
- What is redemption?
- How does Christ purchase someone on the cross?
- What is the imagery of someone in servitude, who marries, and get then becomes free; what did the free man have to do for the bride?
- Galatians 3:10
- What is the significance of the phrase, “far as the curse is found?”
- What did the Jews look forward to regarding the Lord?
- What did the curse from not upholding the Law do?
- How did Christ become a curse?
- Did the cursing of Christ last an eternity?
- Was the work of Christ only on the cross or was there something else Christ needed to do?
Check Out: What Did Jesus Do by R. C. Sproul
If the video below does not work, please click the link provided above.
The Gospel Message– The Gospel message is good news, which means there’s bad news. We all are sinners and condemned. We all deserve the just punishment of God’s wrath. Christianity is unlike any other religion because we cannot earn our way into Heaven. God saw the weakness of man and his utter depravity. Yet, He showed us grace. Jesus, God, One Person of the Trinity, became God in the flesh, the God-Man. He was always perfect and sinless. And His humanity was perfected on the cross, living the full sinless life. He became our atonement sacrifice. Dying in our place, taking on the wrath of God upon Himself. He died on the cross, and He was resurrected because death could not hold Him. Jesus is the answer. We, as guilty sinners, need His blood to pay off our debt of sin. For all who put their faith in Him – meaning eyes are opened to the Gospel, we see ourselves as a sinner, we see the need for Christ, we desire our Savior, and we see the ugliness of our sin. Putting our faith in Jesus, we seek HIs forgiveness and repent from our sins, we turn away from our old way of life. We, through the work of the Holy Spirit, continue to become convicted of sin daily. Our eyes will never be the same again. We see things in a different light, and the truth of Christ affects how we live and serve Him. Christ tells us to count the cost. Salvation is a serious topic, it is not to be taken lightly. For a breakdown of this powerful message, understanding how Christ could be God and Man, why God required sacrifices, and more -please see: Why Did A Loving God Kill His Son? (Does God Hate?)
If you think you know the Gospel, check out these questions and see how prepared you are for the day someone might ask you why you believe: The Gospel Challenge (30 Question Quiz) – Are You Ready To Defend Your Faith?
Scripture To Meditate On – 2 Timothy 3:16-17, “All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work.“
Community Prayer – April ’22
Christian Topics/Series Covered
Personal Blog: Peeking Beneath
Second Blog: UnAshamed Christian Housewife
Godly Men & Women I Recommend: Link To List
Resources For False Teaching: Recommended Websites For False Teachers/Teaching
Video Playlist: Christian Questions, Topics, False Teachers, Insights
Video Playlist: New Christian Believer
Video Playlist: Understanding False Teachings
Video Playlist: Sermons To Grow From
Social: Twitter, Instagram, Facebook