Worry and joy cannot be companions. How does the peace of God help us in our trials?
Today’s video pick is the 2nd out of the 3 that I’ve picked from Doug Wilson that I’ve found to work really well together. Last week, I shared a video that touched on bitterness from Doug Wilson, if you haven’t check it out you can here.
To encourage you to check out the video, I’ve taken many answers given and turned them into answers, while also summarizing key points.
- Philippians 4:04-07
- We worry about many things.
- Why do we think our temptation is so unique and no one could understand, let alone God?
- We think the promises of God do not apply in our situations.
- We think worry is justified.
- Why is our main issue ingratitude?
- Why can we not rejoice and worry at the same time?
- Why do we make requests to God that God already knows?
- Anxiety is dealt with through prayer, how?
- What does the peace of God do to our heart and mind?
- When we tend to not experience the peace of God, we tend to think little of it.
- Do we protect the peace of God?
- What is the photo negative of what Paul tells us to do?
- What does Doug compare when he says it’s like trying to protect our helmet with our head?
- Why are we responsible for the peace of God maintaining us? What does this mean?
- “Jesus is not here to help you as you save yourself.” – Doug Wilson
- What is the optical illusion of the peace of God?
- Some sins are pleasant and some are distasteful, but gratification is later.
- “The reason we do something sinful is somewhere in the budget some itch gets scratched.” – Doug Wilson
- Worry gives us the gratification of feeling like we are in control.
- Do we want to let go of worry? Maybe that’s why the peace of God escapes us.
- Should we pray with worry? Why is it problem to sin while praying?
- What does Doug Wilson mean when he says, “why not feel like hypocrite?”
- Why should we not give way to anxiety?
- What does Doug say about Calvinists and worry? How should they shine?
- If we are a Christian, we do what God tells us to do in His word. Therefore, we give thanks.
- “Whatever God deals, give Him thanks.” – Doug Wilson
- “Worry and anxiety are a waste of time.” – Doug Wilson
- “What do 45 minutes of worry give you?” – Doug Wilson (self-gratification)
- What does it mean to rely on God in a hand to mouth way?
- “Freedom from worry is not recklessness.” – Doug Wilson
- “Rejoice always is not a happy happy joy joy.” – Doug Wilson
- What is bedrock joy?
- Why is prudence like money?
- Why is worry like a greased piglet?
- “Nothing is ever improved by putting it off.” – Doug Wilson
Check Out: The Sinfulness of Worry by Doug Wilson
If the video below does not work, please click on the link provided above.
The Gospel Message: With the Good News means there’s bad news. We all are sinners and condemned. We all deserve the just punishment of God’s wrath. Christianity is unlike any other religion because we cannot earn our way into Heaven. God saw the weakness of man and his utter depravity. Yet, He showed us grace. Jesus, God, One Person of the Trinity, became God in the flesh, the God-Man. He was always perfect and sinless. And His humanity was perfected on the cross, living the full sinless life. He became our atonement sacrifice. Dying in our place, taking on the wrath of God upon Himself. He died on the cross, and He was resurrected because death could not hold Him. Jesus is the answer. We, as guilty sinners, need His blood to pay off our debt of sin. For all who put their faith in Him – meaning eyes are opened to the Gospel, we see ourselves as a sinner, we see the need for Christ, we desire our Savior, and we see the ugliness of our sin. Putting our faith in Jesus, we seek HIs forgiveness and repent from our sins, we turn away from our old way of life. We, through the work of the Holy Spirit, continue to become convicted of sin daily. Our eyes will never be the same again. We see things in a different light, and the truth of Christ affects how we live and serve Him. Christ tells us to count the cost. Salvation is a serious topic, it is not to be taken lightly. For a breakdown of this powerful message, understanding how Christ could be God and Man, why God required sacrifices, and more -please see: Why Did A Loving God Kill His Son? (Does God Hate?)
If you think you know the Gospel, check out these questions and see how prepared you are for the day someone might ask you why you believe: The Gospel Challenge (30 Question Quiz) – Are You Ready To Defend Your Faith?
Scripture To Meditate On – (ESV) Proverbs 28:14, “Blessed is the one who fears the LORD always, but whoever hardens his heart will fall into calamity.”
Community Prayer –
Christian Topics/Series Covered
Personal Blog: Peeking Beneath
Second Blog: UnAshamed Christian Housewife
Godly Men & Women I Recommend: Link To List
Resources For False Teaching: Recommended Websites For False Teachers/Teaching
Video Playlist: Christian Questions, Topics, False Teachers, Insights
Video Playlist: New Christian Believer
Video Playlist: Understanding False Teachings
Video Playlist: Sermons To Grow From
Social: Twitter, Instagram, Facebook