How do you tell the difference between New Age and Christianity? There is deception lurking within the church walls, and it would be really helpful to know how to spot differences. If you are reading your Bible and understanding it correctly, you may not be confused about the differences between New Age and Christianity.
However, for a lot people who are not understanding the Bible correctly, and those under false teaching, they need help. Doreen and Melissa did a video covering things they once thought were okay when they were in the New Age. Both share and explain why they were deceived under these misconceptions.
To encourage you to check out the video, I’ve summarized many answers by turning them into questions, while also stating a few key points.
- What is the difference between a weak Christian and a rebellious Christian?
- How does Melissa try to reach out to those in cults?
- “If you are a Bible believing Christian, and you find yourself agreeing with a Mormon, then you haven’t defined your terms.” What does this mean?
- Words that get covered – energy, universe, “I am”, and law of attraction.
- What is energy? How is energy defined in the New Age compared to Christianity?
- How is universe, source, and law of attraction connected in the New Age?
- Is God equal to His creation?
- What is “I am” and the connections to affirmations?
- What was Melissa’s confusion when she read about Jesus saying, “I am.”
- When Jesus said, “I am,” what was He saying?
- What is manifesting and visualizing? What are the different views between New Age and Christianity?
- What does Frank Turek say regarding how people view happiness and truth?
- Meditation – what is the difference between New Age and Christianity?
- Why is it dangerous to empty our mind?
- Do Christians empty their minds when they meditate on God’s word?
- Why does New Age promote mindlessness?
- What is mindfulness in the New Age & Christianity?
- Where do we find peace in Christianity? Where can you find peace in the New Age?
- Why is it good for Christians to experience discomfort?
- Who do we glorify in the New Age vs. Christianity?
- What is the problem with the search for love? How does it put us on a hamster wheel?
- What benefits happen when we give God the glory?
- Why is it overwhelming in the New Age to be positive all the time?
- How does the New Age deal with negativity? How does the Christian deal with negativity?
- What is the “lower self” in the New Age?
- What is the importance of ego in the New Age?
- What is “Christ” in the New Age?
- What does law of attraction, at its core, teach?
- Why was Melissa creeped out when she found out about Legion in Mark 5, and Esther Hick’s claim to meeting the “collective consciousness?”
- How are healing methods different between New Age and Christianity?
- Why is it a problem to merge New Age and Christianity?
- What is lukewarm?
- Can Christians participate in mediumship?
- Demons can pretend to be loved ones.
Check Out: Is It New Age or Christian by Doreen Virtue & Melissa Dougherty
If the link below does not work, please click the link provided right above.
The Gospel Message: With the Good News means there’s bad news. We all are sinners and condemned. We all deserve the just punishment of God’s wrath. Christianity is unlike any other religion because we cannot earn our way into Heaven. God saw the weakness of man and his utter depravity. Yet, He showed us grace. Jesus, God, One Person of the Trinity, became God in the flesh, the God-Man. He was always perfect and sinless. And His humanity was perfected on the cross, living the full sinless life. He became our atonement sacrifice. Dying in our place, taking on the wrath of God upon Himself. He died on the cross, and He was resurrected because death could not hold Him. Jesus is the answer. We, as guilty sinners, need His blood to pay off our debt of sin. For all who put their faith in Him – meaning eyes are opened to the Gospel, we see ourselves as a sinner, we see the need for Christ, we desire our Savior, and we see the ugliness of our sin. Putting our faith in Jesus, we seek HIs forgiveness and repent from our sins, we turn away from our old way of life. We, through the work of the Holy Spirit, continue to become convicted of sin daily. Our eyes will never be the same again. We see things in a different light, and the truth of Christ affects how we live and serve Him. Christ tells us to count the cost. Salvation is a serious topic, it is not to be taken lightly. For a breakdown of this powerful message, understanding how Christ could be God and Man, why God required sacrifices, and more -please see: Why Did A Loving God Kill His Son? (Does God Hate?)
If you think you know the Gospel, check out these questions and see how prepared you are for the day someone might ask you why you believe: The Gospel Challenge (30 Question Quiz) – Are You Ready To Defend Your Faith?
Scripture To Meditate On – (ESV) John 6:48, “I am the bread of life.”
Community Prayer – Community Prayer | May ’22
Christian Topics/Series Covered
Personal Blog: Peeking Beneath
Second Blog: UnAshamed Christian Housewife
Godly Men & Women I Recommend: Link To List
Page– Bible Study Help
Resources For False Teaching: Recommended Websites For False Teachers/Teaching
Video Playlist: Christian Questions, Topics, False Teachers, Insights
Video Playlist: New Christian Believer
Video Playlist: Understanding False Teachings
Video Playlist: Sermons To Grow From
Social: Twitter, Instagram, Facebook