Why is pent up anger often wrong? What are the different types of anger? What does all anger have in common?
Today, I have a video from R. C. Sproul covering anger, and I highly recommend checking this video out. Understanding anger does not have to be complicated, it’s actually pretty simple. I hope what Sproul shares can minister to your spirit.
To encourage you to check out the video, I’ve taken several answers given and turned them into questions, while also noting a few key points.
- Everyone experiences anger.
- Why is anger so destructive?
- What is anger defined by Sproul?
- Ephesians 4:25-27
- Be angry – what does this mean in light of scripture?
- What is part of the character of God?
- Righteous indignation – what is it and how is it connected to God?
- “Sometimes we are angry without just cause.” – R. C. Sproul
- What does it mean to lose our temper?
- What does it mean to not let the sun go down on our anger?
- What fruit can come from anger not dealt with, according to Sproul?
- How does anger eat away at a person?
- Why is it important for the Christian to understand the nature of anger?
- Who can make us the angriest? Why?
- What are the 3 most common reasons for anger?
- Why is it important to handle disappointment?
- What is disappointment?
- When people fail to meet our expectations, what happens?
- What is frustration? What is the connection to disappointment?
- When do fights tend to break out in sports?
- What happens when our hope is lost?
- What is the essence of anger?
- How is pain associated with disappointment and frustration?
- What is the difference between someone saying we made them angry versus someone saying we hurt them?
- “Sometimes we creat our own pain through illegitimate expectations.” – R. C. Sproul – what does he mean?
- What are the two types of anger?
- What is misdirected anger?
- What is situational anger?
- Why do people overreact to situations?
- Why does pent up anger come out destructively?
Check out: How To Deal With Anger by R. C. Sproul
If the video does not work below, please click on the link above.
The Gospel Message: With the Good News means there’s bad news. We all are sinners and condemned. We all deserve the just punishment of God’s wrath. Christianity is unlike any other religion because we cannot earn our way into Heaven. God saw the weakness of man and his utter depravity. Yet, He showed us grace. Jesus, God, One Person of the Trinity, became God in the flesh, the God-Man. He was always perfect and sinless. And His humanity was perfected on the cross, living the full sinless life. He became our atonement sacrifice. Dying in our place, taking on the wrath of God upon Himself. He died on the cross, and He was resurrected because death could not hold Him. Jesus is the answer. We, as guilty sinners, need His blood to pay off our debt of sin. For all who put their faith in Him – meaning eyes are opened to the Gospel, we see ourselves as a sinner, we see the need for Christ, we desire our Savior, and we see the ugliness of our sin. Putting our faith in Jesus, we seek HIs forgiveness and repent from our sins, we turn away from our old way of life. We, through the work of the Holy Spirit, continue to become convicted of sin daily. Our eyes will never be the same again. We see things in a different light, and the truth of Christ affects how we live and serve Him. Christ tells us to count the cost. Salvation is a serious topic, it is not to be taken lightly. For a breakdown of this powerful message, understanding how Christ could be God and Man, why God required sacrifices, and more -please see: Why Did A Loving God Kill His Son? (Does God Hate?)
If you think you know the Gospel, check out these questions and see how prepared you are for the day someone might ask you why you believe: The Gospel Challenge (30 Question Quiz) – Are You Ready To Defend Your Faith?
Scripture To Meditate On – (ESV) John 6:48, “I am the bread of life.”
Community Prayer – June ’22
Christian Topics/Series Covered
Personal Blog: Peeking Beneath
Second Blog: UnAshamed Christian Housewife
Godly Men & Women I Recommend: Link To List
Resources For False Teaching: Recommended Websites For False Teachers/Teaching
Video Playlist: Christian Questions, Topics, False Teachers, Insights
Video Playlist: New Christian Believer
Video Playlist: Understanding False Teachings
Video Playlist: Sermons To Grow From
Social: Twitter, Instagram, Facebook