What does the Bible say about naming names of false teachers? Today’s video pick will dive into a handful of scriptures that direct the Christian to know the truth and warn others of wolves.
To encourage you to check out the video, I’ve taken the commentary given and turned it into questions, while listing a few key points.
- Is naming names of false teachers judgmental, divisive, and unloving?
- Is it wrong to have a platform that names false teachers?
- Can people talk about everything on a platform?
- What 7 verses encourage us to name people by name?
- What does Voddie say about Jude verse 3 & 4?
- “Because of our desire for souls we must contend for the purity of the Gospel.” – Voddie Baucham
- “If we believe a tainted Gospel, then we are calling into question the concept of salvation itself.” – Voddie Baucham
- What lies do thousands often flock to?
- Why is it a problem when people creep in unnoticed into the Church and what does this mean?
- Wolves pervert the Gospel and misrepresent Jesus. They must be refuted and exposed because, as Voddie says, they undermine salvation.
- Does it do anyone good to believe in a false Gospel? Is it arrogant to name false teachings and false teachers?
- What does Titus 1:9 say is the duty of every elder and the head of every household?
- Scripture refutes us and we need scripture to guide us and convict us. We need leaders to refute us and our biases.
- Why is it a problem when we only want niceness in the pulpit?
- Are we told not to judge? 1 Corinthians 5 says what?
- 2 John says what when someone denies the doctrines of faith?
- Judgment is to come from the authority of God’s word.
- We shouldn’t treat preference (personal conviction) issues as sin issues, why?
Check out: Calling Out False Teachers by ReformedWiki with quotes from Voddie Baucham
If the video below does not work, please click the link provide above.
The Gospel Message: With the Good News means there’s bad news. We all are sinners and condemned. We all deserve the just punishment of God’s wrath. Christianity is unlike any other religion because we cannot earn our way into Heaven. God saw the weakness of man and his utter depravity. Yet, He showed us grace. Jesus, God, One Person of the Trinity, became God in the flesh, the God-Man. He was always perfect and sinless. And His humanity was perfected on the cross, living the full sinless life. He became our atonement sacrifice. Dying in our place, taking on the wrath of God upon Himself. He died on the cross, and He was resurrected because death could not hold Him. Jesus is the answer. We, as guilty sinners, need His blood to pay off our debt of sin. For all who put their faith in Him – meaning eyes are opened to the Gospel, we see ourselves as a sinner, we see the need for Christ, we desire our Savior, and we see the ugliness of our sin. Putting our faith in Jesus, we seek HIs forgiveness and repent from our sins, we turn away from our old way of life. We, through the work of the Holy Spirit, continue to become convicted of sin daily. Our eyes will never be the same again. We see things in a different light, and the truth of Christ affects how we live and serve Him. Christ tells us to count the cost. Salvation is a serious topic, it is not to be taken lightly. For a breakdown of this powerful message, understanding how Christ could be God and Man, why God required sacrifices, and more -please see: Why Did A Loving God Kill His Son? (Does God Hate?)
If you think you know the Gospel, check out these questions and see how prepared you are for the day someone might ask you why you believe: The Gospel Challenge (30 Question Quiz) – Are You Ready To Defend Your Faith?
Scripture To Meditate On – (ESV) Romans 3:10, “As it is written: “None is righteous, no, not one.”
Community Prayer – June ’22
Christian Topics/Series Covered
Personal Blog: Peeking Beneath
Second Blog: UnAshamed Christian Housewife
Godly Men & Women I Recommend: Link To List
Resources For False Teaching: Recommended Websites For False Teachers/Teaching
Video Playlist: Christian Questions, Topics, False Teachers, Insights
Video Playlist: New Christian Believer
Video Playlist: Understanding False Teachings
Video Playlist: Sermons To Grow From
Social: Twitter, Instagram, Facebook