Say this prayer and become a Christian, is that the real Gospel? How many false teachers use this method to lure prey?
Today’s video pick breaks down issues with the sinner’s prayer, the way it’s promoted, and what really matters when it comes to putting your faith in Christ.
Please understand, I’m not saying that prayer isn’t important and that people shouldn’t pray for forgiveness of their sin. The purpose of sharing this video is to point out false converts put their faith in the words of a prayer than actually putting their faith in Christ. People must recognize they are a sinner and need to be forgiven through Christ’s atonement on the cross, which is undeserved, and that’s why the Gospel is given to us through faith and GRACE.
To encourage you to check out the video, I’ve taken the commentary and turned it into questions, while listing a few key points.
- What doesn’t make you a Christian?
- Do we become a Christian when we say the sinner’s prayer?
- Remain is evidence of salvation – what does this mean?
- Why does Paul Washer call war on the sinner’s prayer?
- Repent and believe the Gospel.
- “They live like devils.” – Paul Washer
- What does it mean to test ourselves to see if we are of the faith?
- What hinders someone from seeing their sin when they believe the sinner’s prayer saves them?
- Steven Furtick promotes the sinner’s prayer. What is the problem when false teachers use #’s to promote the false church?
- “The skin of truth surrounding the meat of a lie.” Voddie Baucham
- What is the difference of a sinner’s prayer and a person being geniune?
- What is the issue if a person preaches on tithing, never mentioning the Gospel, and then asking people to come to the front to receive the sinner’s prayer?
- My comment – The sinner’s prayer is treated like a save me spell.
- Rick Warren says it’s hard to go to Hell, it’s easy to go to Christ and become a Christian. What does Voddie Baucham say that counters this ideology? What does scripture say that counters this ideology?
- Do we DESERVE the death of Christ on the cross? Are we WORTHY of the death of Christ? (No.)
Check Out: Millions of “Christians” in Hell by Reformed Wiki
If the link below does not work, please click the link above.
The Gospel Message: With the Good News means there’s bad news. We all are sinners and condemned. We all deserve the just punishment of God’s wrath. Christianity is unlike any other religion because we cannot earn our way into Heaven. God saw the weakness of man and his utter depravity. Yet, He showed us grace. Jesus, God, One Person of the Trinity, became God in the flesh, the God-Man. He was always perfect and sinless. And His humanity was perfected on the cross, living the full sinless life. He became our atonement sacrifice. Dying in our place, taking on the wrath of God upon Himself. He died on the cross, and He was resurrected because death could not hold Him. Jesus is the answer. We, as guilty sinners, need His blood to pay off our debt of sin. For all who put their faith in Him – meaning eyes are opened to the Gospel, we see ourselves as a sinner, we see the need for Christ, we desire our Savior, and we see the ugliness of our sin. Putting our faith in Jesus, we seek HIs forgiveness and repent from our sins, we turn away from our old way of life. We, through the work of the Holy Spirit, continue to become convicted of sin daily. Our eyes will never be the same again. We see things in a different light, and the truth of Christ affects how we live and serve Him. Christ tells us to count the cost. Salvation is a serious topic, it is not to be taken lightly. For a breakdown of this powerful message, understanding how Christ could be God and Man, why God required sacrifices, and more -please see: Why Did A Loving God Kill His Son? (Does God Hate?)
If you think you know the Gospel, check out these questions and see how prepared you are for the day someone might ask you why you believe: The Gospel Challenge (30 Question Quiz) – Are You Ready To Defend Your Faith?
Scripture To Meditate On – (ESV) Matthew 4:10, “Then Jesus said to him, “Be gone, Satan! For it is written, “‘You shall worship the Lord your God and him only shall you serve.’”
Community Prayer – August ’22
Christian Topics/Series Covered
Personal Blog: Peeking Beneath
Second Blog: UnAshamed Christian Housewife
Godly Men & Women I Recommend: Link To List
Resources For False Teaching: Recommended Websites For False Teachers/Teaching
Video Playlist: Christian Questions, Topics, False Teachers, Insights
Video Playlist: New Christian Believer
Video Playlist: Understanding False Teachings
Video Playlist: Sermons To Grow From
Social: Twitter, Instagram, Facebook