Following yesterday’s post on the will of God, false teachers will seek sheep who are unfamiliar with scripture. In today’s video, Pastor Chris Rosebrough is interviewed by Lauren from Tulips & Honey. They discuss false teaching, how Pastor Chris realized he was under false teaching, and why his ministry is dedicated to helping others identify false teaching.
In order to encourage you to watch the video, I’ve taken the commentary given and turned it into questions, while sharing a few key points. If you would like to hear the answers, please check out the video.
- Chris Rosebrough’s testimony.
- Why should Christians hear the Gospel every day, not just upon conversion?
- What was missing in the sermons Chris heard growing up?
- What happens when believers do not know the word of God properly, in proper context?
- When learning about JWs, what did Chris learn, regarding the agenda of a false teacher?
- What was different when Chris went to a Christian college than the sermons he was used to hearing from the Nazarene church?
- How did the Lord use Chris’ young daughter to minister to Chris that the Old Testament is about Jesus?
- What should we do and not do when sharing the Gospel with family?
- Key Point: We cannot make someone saved, only Jesus saves.
- Key Point: The fruit of the Spirit must minister to others. It’s not about not smoking or drinking.
- “Real Christianity calls others to repentance.” – Chris Rosebrough
- We are missing humanity in our world, Chris points out. What does he mean?
- Where did Pirate Christian Radio come from?
- Alert: Purpose-Driven Life, a book by Rick Warren, has massive scripture twisting in it.
- What does Christian radio tend to promote and why was Chris’ idea basically laughed at?
- What is a pirate station?
- Key Point: Christian media is often watered-down fluff.
- Jude 1:03 – fighting for the faith
- How did Chris’ son help him with his YouTube channel?
- Why is it hard for people to hear Chris speak against false teachers? Why is his approach the way it is?
- Consider: People thought Pastor Chris was a jerk but then they opened up their Bible and saw the truth.
- Key point: The Bible does, at times, MOCK sin.
- How is the name Molech, in scripture, mockery to the god people worshipped?
- What is Prophecy Bingo?
- Consider: The God Who spoke light into existence and then there was light – HE WILL MAKE HIMSELF CLEAR to anyone He wants to.
- Do we need a second baptism of the Holy Spirit? What does the Bible say?
- Do we need to speak in tongues?
- 1 Corinthians 12
- “When your experience is over the scriptures, you are into idolatrous adultery.” – Chris Rosebrough
- Pastor Chris points out – We shouldn’t have to figure out what a person believes. It should be clear. What does he mean by this?
- If someone is good at communicating emotions, but we aren’t sure what they believe in – that’s a major problem (paraphrase) – Chris Rosebrough
- Why is Francis Chan problematic?
- Key Point: Matt 18 – is about a person sinning against us privately. It has nothing to do with public false teaching.
- What’s the problem when a person refuses to repent from sin, but claims he or she is still a Christian?
- Titus 1 shows public rebuke.
- Why is it a problem when people say, “Oh, I know that text.” ?
- Why is it dangerous when people like Michael Brown interview false teachers?
- What does Michael Brown not do that he should do?
- Why are there so many false teachers?
- What are the problems on the Hebrew Roots movement?
- Steven Kozar did a video on the YouTuber Jew and Greek, if you would like to learn more.
Check Out: How Do We Discern A False Teacher by Tulips & Honey with Chris Rosebrough
If the link below does not work, please click the link above.
The Gospel Message: With the Good News means there’s bad news. We all are sinners and condemned. We all deserve the just punishment of God’s wrath. Christianity is unlike any other religion because we cannot earn our way into Heaven. God saw the weakness of man and his utter depravity. Yet, He showed us grace. Jesus, God, One Person of the Trinity, became God in the flesh, the God-Man. He was always perfect and sinless. And His humanity was perfected on the cross, living the full sinless life. He became our atonement sacrifice. Dying in our place, taking on the wrath of God upon Himself. He died on the cross, and He was resurrected because death could not hold Him. Jesus is the answer. We, as guilty sinners, need His blood to pay off our debt of sin. For all who put their faith in Him – meaning eyes are opened to the Gospel, we see ourselves as a sinner, we see the need for Christ, we desire our Savior, and we see the ugliness of our sin. Putting our faith in Jesus, we seek HIs forgiveness and repent from our sins, we turn away from our old way of life. We, through the work of the Holy Spirit, continue to become convicted of sin daily. Our eyes will never be the same again. We see things in a different light, and the truth of Christ affects how we live and serve Him. Christ tells us to count the cost. Salvation is a serious topic, it is not to be taken lightly. For a breakdown of this powerful message, understanding how Christ could be God and Man, why God required sacrifices, and more -please see: Why Did A Loving God Kill His Son? (Does God Hate?)
If you think you know the Gospel, check out these questions and see how prepared you are for the day someone might ask you why you believe: The Gospel Challenge (30 Question Quiz) – Are You Ready To Defend Your Faith?
Scripture To Meditate On – (ESV) Matthew 4:10, “Then Jesus said to him, “Be gone, Satan! For it is written, “‘You shall worship the Lord your God and him only shall you serve.’”
Community Prayer – August ’22
Christian Topics/Series Covered
Personal Blog: Peeking Beneath
Second Blog: UnAshamed Christian Housewife
Godly Men & Women I Recommend: Link To List
Resources For False Teaching: Recommended Websites For False Teachers/Teaching
Video Playlist: Christian Questions, Topics, False Teachers, Insights
Video Playlist: New Christian Believer
Video Playlist: Understanding False Teachings
Video Playlist: Sermons To Grow From
Social: Twitter, Instagram, Facebook