Is it important that we had a Global Flood? Do we see evidence in our world for a Global Flood? What are counters people use to deny the Global Flood? How can we look the Flood account and respond better.
Today, Tim Chaffey from Answers in Genesis will go over counters regarding the Global Flood, and why these counters miss the mark. He also shares evidence that we can plainly see in our world that point to a Global Flood.
To encourage you to check out the video, I’ve taken the commentary given and summarized what gets covered by turning it into questions, while listing a few key points. If you would like the answers, please check out the video.
- What is the age of the earth according to the Bible?
- How early has the church begun to age the earth?
- TERM – What is Gap Theory?
- What’s the difference between religion department and science department on the age of the earth? (It’s surprising.)
- What do people struggle to believe about Noah’s flood?
- Was the church already trying to make room for millions and billions of years before Darwin?
- Old Testament Creationism on Trial – resource
- How is evening and morning described in Genesis?
- How would the Israelites have viewed the work for 6 days and rest for 1?
- Dinosaurs have been found with cancer, which points to the fall of man – sin. If dinosaurs were before man, how is cancer problematic?
- The creation has invisible attributes, how does this connect to an early creation?
- Why can we not have billions of years and a world wide flood?
- Why is it good that the Bible is not a scientific journal?
- CONSIDER– When the Bible DOES touch on scientific topics it is accurate.
- What is poetry? What is narrative? How do both tend to be used to connect to Genesis 1?
- How is day used?
- What are other stories that uses the word “day” and people are fine with it meaning a literal day?
- How does the thousand years being a day and a day being a thousand years does not support an old age earth?
- What are problems with Archer’s Additions?
- TERM– What is textual parallelism and how does this connect to how people look at Genesis and what are the problems?
- Is there a sequence in creation? How does this challenge textual parallelism?
- What is a big difference between plants and humans?
- What does Hugh Ross say on the Church Fathers?
- What did Martin Luther say about the six days of creation?
- What is a problem with what Norman L. Geisler says?
- Why a Global Flood? What signs do we have?
- Why does a local flood make God a liar – if the Flood was local?
- TERM– What is a Tranquil Flood?
- What can one wave do to land?
- How are people straining a gnat and trying to swallow a camel?
- Some resources are available on Answers in Genesis.
Check out: The Most Convincing Evidence of a Young Earth by Tim Chaffey from Answers in Genesis
If the link below does not work, please click the link above.
The Gospel Message: With the Good News means there’s bad news. We all are sinners and condemned. We all deserve the just punishment of God’s wrath. Christianity is unlike any other religion because we cannot earn our way into Heaven. God saw the weakness of man and his utter depravity. Yet, He showed us grace. Jesus, God, One Person of the Trinity, became God in the flesh, the God-Man. He was always perfect and sinless. And His humanity was perfected on the cross, living the full sinless life. He became our atonement sacrifice. Dying in our place, taking on the wrath of God upon Himself. He died on the cross, and He was resurrected because death could not hold Him. Jesus is the answer. We, as guilty sinners, need His blood to pay off our debt of sin. For all who put their faith in Him – meaning eyes are opened to the Gospel, we see ourselves as a sinner, we see the need for Christ, we desire our Savior, and we see the ugliness of our sin. Putting our faith in Jesus, we seek HIs forgiveness and repent from our sins, we turn away from our old way of life. We, through the work of the Holy Spirit, continue to become convicted of sin daily. Our eyes will never be the same again. We see things in a different light, and the truth of Christ affects how we live and serve Him. Christ tells us to count the cost. Salvation is a serious topic, it is not to be taken lightly. For a breakdown of this powerful message, understanding how Christ could be God and Man, why God required sacrifices, and more -please see: Why Did A Loving God Kill His Son? (Does God Hate?)
If you think you know the Gospel, check out these questions and see how prepared you are for the day someone might ask you why you believe: The Gospel Challenge (30 Question Quiz) – Are You Ready To Defend Your Faith?
Scripture To Meditate On – (ESV) John 1:03 – All things were made through him, and without him was not any thing made that was made.
Community Prayer – September ‘22
Christian Topics/Series Covered
Personal Blog: Peeking Beneath
Second Blog: UnAshamed Christian Housewife
Godly Men & Women I Recommend: Link To List
Resources For False Teaching: Recommended Websites For False Teachers/Teaching
Video Playlist: Christian Questions, Topics, False Teachers, Insights
Video Playlist: New Christian Believer
Video Playlist: Understanding False Teachings
Video Playlist: Sermons To Grow From
Social: Twitter, Instagram, Facebook