How can the Catholic faith connect to Mythicism and lead people into the occult? (This isn’t to say other Christian mysticism can’t do the same.)
Today, you will hear the testimony of two ladies who came out of Christian Mythicism. One fell away from the Catholic faith, but because of her background in communicating to spirits, this lead her further into the occult. Both of them share how the word of faith movement mislead them.
To encourage you to check out the video, I’ve taken the commentary given, and turned it into questions, while listing just a few key points. If you would like the answers, please check out the video.
- Gina joined the Catholic church. What she did use to think church was a place to do regarding sin?
- Does Gina believe those in the Catholic church can be spiritually mature? Why or why not?
- What did the Catholic faith do to Gina?
- How are experiences tied to the occult?
- Lauren grew up in a Wiccan house.
- How did Gina get pulled into the psychic influence?
- “She told me to look for things, and then those things would happen.” – Gina Cook
- What are the problems with people, including Christians, looking for proof from experiences?
- “In the Catholic religion, you’re always praying to spirits.” Gina Cook
- Lauren points out Hollywood shows how dark demonic things can be. I’d like to recommend: (Allie Demonic Possessed)
- How did Gina realize she was going to Hell? What scripture ministered to her?
- “Experiences…make an impression.” Gina Cook
- People don’t want to realize they are communicating with demons.
- How did Gina experience holes in what she believed?
- When Gina converted to Christ, how did she see the demons she once thought she could trust?
- How did the Lord use other women to minister to Gina?
- How does various churches have occult-like tendencies? (See: Contemplative Prayer/Spirituality | What You Need To Know About That “Still, Small Voice”)
- What is the lie of thinking we have to defeat Satan?
- What is the problem of wanting to hear God’s whisper that Gina experienced?
- What book was helpful to Gina, regarding whether we should listen to God or not outside of scripture?
- What red flags did the ladies experience when they were in the word of faith movement?
- What is the pressure people feel when they are “slain in the Spirit?”
- How did the Strange Fire conference help the ladies?
- Recommended: Chapter 3 ministries – helping women discern Biblical truth without the fluff
- Once the 50 min mark hits – basic fun Q&A questions – not related to the topic.
Check Out: Saved From Catholic Mysticism & The Occult by Tulips & Honey with Gina Cook and Tami Dykes
If the video below does not work, please click the link provided above.
The Gospel Message– The Gospel message is good news, which means there’s bad news. We all are sinners and condemned. We all deserve the just punishment of God’s wrath. Christianity is unlike any other religion because we cannot earn our way into Heaven. God saw the weakness of man and his utter depravity. Yet, He showed us grace. Jesus, God, One Person of the Trinity, became God in the flesh, the God-Man. He was always perfect and sinless. And His humanity was perfected on the cross, living the full sinless life. He became our atonement sacrifice. Dying in our place, taking on the wrath of God upon Himself. He died on the cross, and He was resurrected because death could not hold Him. Jesus is the answer. We, as guilty sinners, need His blood to pay off our debt of sin. For all who put their faith in Him – meaning eyes are opened to the Gospel, we see ourselves as a sinner, we see the need for Christ, we desire our Savior, and we see the ugliness of our sin. Putting our faith in Jesus, we seek HIs forgiveness and repent from our sins, we turn away from our old way of life. We, through the work of the Holy Spirit, continue to become convicted of sin daily. Our eyes will never be the same again. We see things in a different light, and the truth of Christ affects how we live and serve Him. Christ tells us to count the cost. Salvation is a serious topic, it is not to be taken lightly. For a breakdown of this powerful message, understanding how Christ could be God and Man, why God required sacrifices, and more -please see: Why Did A Loving God Kill His Son? (Does God Hate?)
If you think you know the Gospel, check out these questions and see how prepared you are for the day someone might ask you why you believe: The Gospel Challenge (30 Question Quiz) – Are You Ready To Defend Your Faith?
Scripture To Meditate On –(ESV) John 1:03 – All things were made through him, and without him was not any thing made that was made.
Community Prayer– September ‘22
Christian Topics/Series Covered
Personal Blog: Peeking Beneath
Second Blog: UnAshamed Christian Housewife
Godly Men & Women I Recommend: Link To List
Resources For False Teaching: Recommended Websites For False Teachers/Teaching
Video Playlist: Christian Questions, Topics, False Teachers, Insights
Video Playlist: New Christian Believer
Video Playlist: Understanding False Teachings
Video Playlist: Sermons To Grow From
Social: Twitter, Instagram, Facebook