Today’s video is one of the best breakdowns for Halloween I’ve seen, and the heart of the message is focused on the Gospel.
To encourage you to check out the video, I’ve taken the commentary given and turned it into questions, while listing a few key points. If you would like the answers, please check out the video. Link below.
- What is Reformation Day?
- What are the 5 Solas?
- Why is orange related to Halloween?
- Modern-day Halloween
- How much money did stores profit from Halloween in 2018?
- What problems can happen on Halloween?
- What’s the irony of people celebrating death and horror but getting mad when Christians talk about Hell on Halloween?
- TERM– What is paganism?
- TERM– What is pantheism?
- What is the difference of Indian Paganism?
- How is evolution connected to nature worship?
- Where do the Celts come from?
- Really interesting history piece of various nations.
- Samhain – similar to a Day of the Day
- TERM– Who were the Druids?
- How did they claim a god-like status?
- When did All Saints Day originally start and when did it get moved?
- All Saints Day became All Hallow’s Eve – which became Halloween.
- Romans had a Day of the Dead, too. What was it? Who else had a Day of the Dead?
- What is the commonality between all these cultures?
- How do the sacrifices connect to the Flood or possibly before?
- What is the connection of sacrifice and God’s word?
- What is the significance of tunics of skin in Genesis?
- Who is the ultimate sacrifice?
- Why aren’t animal sacrifices good enough?
- What made Christ different as the atonement sacrifice?
- Hebrews 9:26
- 2 Corinthians 5:21
- 1 John 1:17
- When we look at the world, what do we need to remember?
- Revelation 22:03
- What should we do?
- Matthew 28:19-20
- How do we teach all things?
- 2 Corinthians 11:03
- What are the 2 religions in the world?
- If it doesn’t from God, it comes from?
- What is humanism?
- What are sub-sects of humanism?
- Science is observable and repeatable. – How does this conflict with the Big Bang?
- TERM– Agnosticism, what is it?
- What happens when we try to mix the two religions?
- Key Point: We can be deceived, even as Christians.
- How is Darwin’s tree of life, the tree of death?
- Proverbs 8:36
- What are the secrets of evolution?
- Why does Genesis 1 become a problem when people argue about millions of years?
- What is the irony with Darwin and others?
- Geologic time scale
- “Death is the hero in pagan worldview.” – Bodie Hodge
- 1 Corinthians 10:20
- What does Halloween glorify in?
- Who often gets attacked in pagan worship? – children
- 1 Corinthians 15:26
- Revelation 21:04
- Judges 21:25
- Titus 1:15
- Romans 1:20-21
- Romans 1:28-32
- 2 Corinthians 4:03-04
- 2 Timothy 2:25-26
- Psalm 118:08
- Nehemiah 13:26
- 1 Corinthians 12:02
- 4 Paganizations are listed – what are the 4?
- Should Christians involve themselves in Halloween?
- What are some options available?
- What should never be forgotten, regarding Halloween?
Check Out: Halloween & and the Bible by Answers in Genesis
If the link below does not work, please click the link provided above.
The Gospel Message: With the Good News means there’s bad news. We all are sinners and condemned. We all deserve the just punishment of God’s wrath. Christianity is unlike any other religion because we cannot earn our way into Heaven. God saw the weakness of man and his utter depravity. Yet, He showed us grace. Jesus, God, One Person of the Trinity, became God in the flesh, the God-Man. He was always perfect and sinless. And His humanity was perfected on the cross, living the full sinless life. He became our atonement sacrifice. Dying in our place, taking on the wrath of God upon Himself. He died on the cross, and He was resurrected because death could not hold Him. Jesus is the answer. We, as guilty sinners, need His blood to pay off our debt of sin. For all who put their faith in Him – meaning eyes are opened to the Gospel, we see ourselves as a sinner, we see the need for Christ, we desire our Savior, and we see the ugliness of our sin. Putting our faith in Jesus, we seek HIs forgiveness and repent from our sins, we turn away from our old way of life. We, through the work of the Holy Spirit, continue to become convicted of sin daily. Our eyes will never be the same again. We see things in a different light, and the truth of Christ affects how we live and serve Him. Christ tells us to count the cost. Salvation is a serious topic, it is not to be taken lightly. For a breakdown of this powerful message, understanding how Christ could be God and Man, why God required sacrifices, and more -please see: Why Did A Loving God Kill His Son? (Does God Hate?)
If you think you know the Gospel, check out these questions and see how prepared you are for the day someone might ask you why you believe: The Gospel Challenge (30 Question Quiz) – Are You Ready To Defend Your Faith?
Scripture To Meditate On – (ESV) Ezekiel 13:22-23 – Because you have disheartened the righteous falsely, although I have not grieved him, and you have encouraged the wicked, that he should not turn from his evil way to save his life, therefore you shall no more see false visions nor practice divination. I will deliver my people out of your hand. And you shall know that I am the LORD.”
Community Prayer –
Christian Topics/Series Covered
Personal Blog: Peeking Beneath
Second Blog: UnAshamed Christian Housewife
Godly Men & Women I Recommend: Link To List
Resources For False Teaching: Recommended Websites For False Teachers/Teaching
Video Playlist: Christian Questions, Topics, False Teachers, Insights
Video Playlist: New Christian Believer
Video Playlist: Understanding False Teachings
Video Playlist: Sermons To Grow From
Social: Twitter, Instagram, Facebook