If you want to understand more about radioactive dating and how dating methods in science actually point to a young earth, today’s video recommendation is for you.
For a long time, I was pretty netural on the age of the earth. I didn’t really lean one way or the other. The best argument I had heard for young earth was that it supported the Bible better and gave us great evidence for our Creator. Which sounds awesome, but the statement alone was not enough to help me. We are instructed in scripture not to have a blind faith, so believing the earth was young simply because it sounds good was not enough for me.
All the more reason why I want to share with you the evidence and the position of a young earth theory. It was the evidence that persuaded me and helped me agree that science actually points to a Creator. Through evidence, not mere feeling, I believe the whole world points to a Creator, and I hope you find the evidence just as encouraging and challenging.
To encourage you to check out the video, I’m summarized the commentary by turning it mostly into question form, while listing a few key points. If you would like the answers, please check out the video.
- How do radioactive dating methods work?
- What is a rock chemical tested for?
- What do daughter atoms tell people?
- What are three assumptions made with the Hourglass Clock?
- “If you’re not there to examine it all the time, how do you not know there wasn’t a contamination?” -Andrew Snelling
- Why are these assumptions not provable?
- Why are the assumptions not reasonable?
- How is contamination a constant problem?
- What is important about Mt. St Helens and the new lava dome?
- What is the importance of understanding inheritance?
- What did diamonds inherit?
- What does the Uinkaret Plateau Basalt lavas tell us?
- How can young lava flows yield the same Rb-SR age?
- What is the contamination of granites with “inherited” zircons?
- How can grains in a rock be older than the rock itself?
- How can decay rates relate to the Flood?
- What do the rocks in the Grand Canyon show us?
- Why is radioactive dating not reliable?
- How are radioactive decay rates measured?
- What does the potassium-40 half-life tell us?
- How is age dating subjective?
- What happened in the 1970s regarding samarium -147 half-life?
- What is the earth’s age according to science? What are some of the problems?
- What age (old or young earth) do most dating methods give?
- What do comets tell us about the solar system?
- What does earth’s magnetic field tell us?
- Why is the sea not salty enough?
- What does it mean that “biological material decays too fast?”
- The fact fossils have radiocarbon means what?
- What does it mean that there were not enough Stone Age graves?
- How does the Tower of Babel explain the “Stone Age?”
- Why does the age of the earth matter?
- John 3:12
- “If we cannot trust Genesis on the young age of the earth, how can we trust God’s offer of salvation?” – Andrew Snelling
Check Out: This is WHY Radioactive Dating Methods are Flawed by Andrew Snelling from Answers in Genesis
If the link below does not work, please click the link above.
The Gospel Message: With the Good News means there’s bad news. We all are sinners and condemned. We all deserve the just punishment of God’s wrath. Christianity is unlike any other religion because we cannot earn our way into Heaven. God saw the weakness of man and his utter depravity. Yet, He showed us grace. Jesus, God, One Person of the Trinity, became God in the flesh, the God-Man. He was always perfect and sinless. And His humanity was perfected on the cross, living the full sinless life. He became our atonement sacrifice. Dying in our place, taking on the wrath of God upon Himself. He died on the cross, and He was resurrected because death could not hold Him. Jesus is the answer. We, as guilty sinners, need His blood to pay off our debt of sin. For all who put their faith in Him – meaning eyes are opened to the Gospel, we see ourselves as a sinner, we see the need for Christ, we desire our Savior, and we see the ugliness of our sin. Putting our faith in Jesus, we seek HIs forgiveness and repent from our sins, we turn away from our old way of life. We, through the work of the Holy Spirit, continue to become convicted of sin daily. Our eyes will never be the same again. We see things in a different light, and the truth of Christ affects how we live and serve Him. Christ tells us to count the cost. Salvation is a serious topic, it is not to be taken lightly. For a breakdown of this powerful message, understanding how Christ could be God and Man, why God required sacrifices, and more -please see: Why Did A Loving God Kill His Son? (Does God Hate?)
If you think you know the Gospel, check out these questions and see how prepared you are for the day someone might ask you why you believe: The Gospel Challenge (30 Question Quiz) – Are You Ready To Defend Your Faith?
Scripture To Meditate On – (ESV) Ephesians 5:19-20 – Addressing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody to the Lord with your heart, giving thanks always and for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Community Prayer –
Christian Topics/Series Covered
Personal Blog: Peeking Beneath
Second Blog: UnAshamed Christian Housewife
Godly Men & Women I Recommend: Link To List
Resources For False Teaching: Recommended Websites For False Teachers/Teaching
Video Playlist: Christian Questions, Topics, False Teachers, Insights
Video Playlist: New Christian Believer
Video Playlist: Understanding False Teachings
Video Playlist: Sermons To Grow From
Social: Twitter, Instagram, Facebook