Beaten and almost killed for the name of Christ. How far are you willing to go to preach the truth of the Gospel?
In today’s recommended video you will hear the testimony of missionary Dan, who lives in India. The interview is a really nice introduction to some misconceptions about Hinduism, what is it like to live in India, what is the caste system like, what does persecution for Christians look like and much more. Hearing his testimony of the various times he has been beaten and still proclaims the Gospel should encourage and minister to all of us.
To encourage you to check out the video, I’ve summarized the commentary given by turning it into questions, while listing a few key points. If you would like to hear the answers, please check out the video.
- What clip is shown that relates to the title?
- Key Point: Meditation, yoga, and more originate from India.
- When are the Hindu scriptures dated?
- Where does the word “caste” come from?
- What happened to Hinduism throughout the years? Did it change at all, how?
- Recommended Resource: Got Questions: What is Hinduism?
- Define Vedas – why is this term important to know?
- Key Point: The lower caste of India do not know about Vedas. Why?
- How are mantras viewed?
- How much larger is the Hindu bible compared to the Christian Bible?
- Is Hinduism a violent religion?
- What did Gandhi take from the Sermon on the Mount and how did he apply to Hinduism?
- What does the Prime Minister of India believe?
- When Westerners visit India, how are they not objective by what they see?
- TERM: What does Avatar mean?
- How is reincarnation viewed? What are some tragic “short cuts” widows would take?
- How are women viewed in India?
- How is abortion and the killing of girls?
- How is Hinduism shown in Marvel movies?
- How are mantras repetitive nonsense, and what do people believe if they say mantras a lot?
- How is there an underlying worldview?
- Who are the three primary deities in Hinduism called?
- How does Hinduism also have a white horse?
- Do Hindus believe in Hell?
- How is the Destoryer depicted?
- How is beastiality and homosexuality depicted?
- How is transgenderism shown? What does scripture say?
- Who are radical Hindus? What do they often incite?
- How are Christians persecuted in India?
- How is drunkenness related to violence and mobs?
- What does a morning (5am) in India look like?
- What was the first incident of violence that Dan experienced?
- What is the nature of spiritual warfare?
- “Truth is a threat.”
Check Out: Gods of the New Age by Cultish (About an hr)
If the link below does not work, please click the link above.
The Gospel Message– The Gospel message is good news, which means there’s bad news. We all are sinners and condemned. We all deserve the just punishment of God’s wrath. Christianity is unlike any other religion because we cannot earn our way into Heaven. God saw the weakness of man and his utter depravity. Yet, He showed us grace. Jesus, God, One Person of the Trinity, became God in the flesh, the God-Man. He was always perfect and sinless. And His humanity was perfected on the cross, living the full sinless life. He became our atonement sacrifice. Dying in our place, taking on the wrath of God upon Himself. He died on the cross, and He was resurrected because death could not hold Him. Jesus is the answer. We, as guilty sinners, need His blood to pay off our debt of sin. For all who put their faith in Him – meaning eyes are opened to the Gospel, we see ourselves as a sinner, we see the need for Christ, we desire our Savior, and we see the ugliness of our sin. Putting our faith in Jesus, we seek HIs forgiveness and repent from our sins, we turn away from our old way of life. We, through the work of the Holy Spirit, continue to become convicted of sin daily. Our eyes will never be the same again. We see things in a different light, and the truth of Christ affects how we live and serve Him. Christ tells us to count the cost. Salvation is a serious topic, it is not to be taken lightly. For a breakdown of this powerful message, understanding how Christ could be God and Man, why God required sacrifices, and more -please see: Why Did A Loving God Kill His Son? (Does God Hate?)
If you think you know the Gospel, check out these questions and see how prepared you are for the day someone might ask you why you believe: The Gospel Challenge (30 Question Quiz) – Are You Ready To Defend Your Faith?
Scripture To Meditate On –(ESV) Colossians 1:15-16 – For by him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things were created through him and for him. He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation.
Community Prayer – January ‘23
Christian Topics/Series Covered
Personal Blog: Peeking Beneath
Second Blog: UnAshamed Christian Housewife
Godly Men & Women I Recommend: Link To List
Resources For False Teaching: Recommended Websites For False Teachers/Teaching
Video Playlist: Christian Questions, Topics, False Teachers, Insights
Video Playlist: New Christian Believer
Video Playlist: Understanding False Teachings
Video Playlist: Sermons To Grow From
Social: Twitter, Instagram, Facebook
COMMENT RULES– Rules For Comments (Why Some May Not Appear)