Often in the past, I was a solider with no armor. I remember the times I struggled with a particular sin and I would always wait right up until the temptation became the most intense and that’s when I tried to fight back. I was a fool walking into a war. I refused to really listen to the warning of the Commander and the steps He told me to take.
The past few Life Application verses have heavily focused on the importance of scripture, and honestly, we need the reminder of God’s word every second. Don’t let pride harden your heart and cry out to God to convict you to draw closer to His word more than before.
Hebrews 4:12 says – For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart.
Scripture is not like any other book. Scripture is LIVING and BREATHING. God speaking in His word is real and now. His words do not go without consequence. God’s word can pierce and divide our soul and spirit. Think about that! What power! To divide the joints and marrow! His word discerns our thoughts and intentions of the heart.
Life Application for Hebrews 4:12
- As we have been talking about, we need salvation first from Christ to receive wisdom and discernment. (See: Discernment | God’s Will for Your Life, Heavenly Wisdom)
- What encouragement to know that God equips us with His living and active word! If you look up the armor of God in Ephesians 6:10-18, you will notice the connection of God’s armor and God’s word.
- Gods word is about Christ, also known as the Word of God. Scripture is active, alive. Therefore, reading scripture is part of having a relationship with the Lord. Scripture teaches us and encourages us about God, our Savior, His attributes, and how we are to live life.
- Scripture helps convict us, as John 14:26 tells us that the Holy Spirit helps people remember the words of Christ. The Holy Spirit points us to scripture.
- James 1:05 tells us to pray for wisdom and have faith God will provide. Scripture provides us with wisdom and I have found God to be faithful regarding His word and understanding. (See: He is Faithful | God’s Promises)
- If we want to be spiritually fed and not starving, we need God’s word. If we want to be able to go out in battle, we need God’s word for instruction and armor. (See: How Does Wisdom & Meditating on Scripture Help Us in Our Life? | God’s Will & How To Mediate On God’s Word (The Right Way) & Why It’s Important)
For Further Study:
What is the Sword of the Spirit by Got Questions
What is the Shield of Faith by Got Questions
What is the Belt of Truth by Got Questions
What is the Breastplate of Righteousness by Got Questions
What is the Helmet of Salvation by Got Questions
What is the Readiness of the Gospel of Peace by Got Questions
What is the full Armor of God by Got Questions
What can I do when I am under Spiritual Attack by Got Questions
The Gospel Message– The Gospel message is good news, which means there’s bad news. We all are sinners and condemned. We all deserve the just punishment of God’s wrath. Christianity is unlike any other religion because we cannot earn our way into Heaven. God saw the weakness of man and his utter depravity. Yet, He showed us grace. Jesus, God, One Person of the Trinity, became God in the flesh, the God-Man. He was always perfect and sinless. And His humanity was perfected on the cross, living the full sinless life. He became our atonement sacrifice. Dying in our place, taking on the wrath of God upon Himself. He died on the cross, and He was resurrected because death could not hold Him. Jesus is the answer. We, as guilty sinners, need His blood to pay off our debt of sin. For all who put their faith in Him – meaning eyes are opened to the Gospel, we see ourselves as a sinner, we see the need for Christ, we desire our Savior, and we see the ugliness of our sin. Putting our faith in Jesus, we seek HIs forgiveness and repent from our sins, we turn away from our old way of life. We, through the work of the Holy Spirit, continue to become convicted of sin daily. Our eyes will never be the same again. We see things in a different light, and the truth of Christ affects how we live and serve Him. Christ tells us to count the cost. Salvation is a serious topic, it is not to be taken lightly. For a breakdown of this powerful message, understanding how Christ could be God and Man, why God required sacrifices, and more -please see: Why Did A Loving God Kill His Son? (Does God Hate?)
If you think you know the Gospel, check out these questions and see how prepared you are for the day someone might ask you why you believe: The Gospel Challenge (30 Question Quiz) – Are You Ready To Defend Your Faith?
Scripture To Meditate On –(ESV) Colossians 1:15-16 – For by him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things were created through him and for him. He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation.
Community Prayer – January ‘23
Christian Topics/Series Covered
Personal Blog: Peeking Beneath
Second Blog: UnAshamed Christian Housewife
Godly Men & Women I Recommend: Link To List
Resources For False Teaching: Recommended Websites For False Teachers/Teaching
Video Playlist: Christian Questions, Topics, False Teachers, Insights
Video Playlist: New Christian Believer
Video Playlist: Understanding False Teachings
Video Playlist: Sermons To Grow From
Social: Twitter, Instagram, Facebook
COMMENT RULES– Rules For Comments (Why Some May Not Appear)