Desiring to share shorter studies on my blog, I know life application appeals to many Christian women. Often a problem occurs with life application, however. There can be a lack of clarity and watered-down material. Which is exactly why I hope to provide more clarity and meat to life application for women.
If possible, I am trying to stick to a similar topic for the monthly verses.
January’s Theme Focused on the Importance of Scripture
A Time for Everything – Ecclesiastes 3:01-08
- We focused on the importance of knowing there is a time and a season for everything. However, in order to be aware and prepared for each season we need to know God’s wisdom and have knowledge of the Holy One. Wisdom comes only through Jesus Christ, Who is also the Holy One. We can bear fruit of the Spirit that helps us deal with whatever season we are in; if we have received the Holy Spirit through putting faith in Christ.
Be Ready in Season and Out of Season – 2 Timothy 4:02-04
- The importance of understanding what is true between mostly true comes from understanding the Gospel, and continuing to know the word of God. Reading scripture must be a priority. There is a time to rebuke others in truth. We must be ready to have an answer for our faith.
Godly Sorrow – 2 Corinthians 7:10-11
- Godly sorrow leads to repentance while worldly sorrow leads to death. Our eyes need to be open to the truth of Christ. He is the Author of our faith (Hebrews 12:02). Faith comes from hearing the Gospel, the word of God (Romans 10:17). The Holy Spirit ministers to us through the word of God and convicts the world of sin (John 16:08). We need to be in God’s word to know what is sin and what honors God.
Heavenly Wisdom – James 3:17
- What does the wisdom of the Lord look like? To understand godly wisdom, we must understand the Lord Jesus Christ. We can see that the traits of heavenly wisdom all point to Jesus. The traits of love in chapter 13 of 1 Corinthians all are reflected in Jesus. We cannot have wisdom unless we first have received the atonement of Christ on the cross. In order to believe what Christ has done, we must read His word.
How Do We Pick Up the Sword of the Spirit – Hebrews 4:12
- God’s word is not like any other book. The living word of God is sharper than anything we could possibly imagine. God’s word rips through and divides what no one else can. Understanding the word of the Lord is the only way to bear the armor of the Lord. Scripture is referred to as the sword of the Spirit. Faith, transformation, and growth all come from God’s living word!
*These are only summaries of the posts, I highly recommend you check out any that you are drawn to.
The Gospel Message– The Gospel message is good news, which means there’s bad news. We all are sinners and condemned. We all deserve the just punishment of God’s wrath. Christianity is unlike any other religion because we cannot earn our way into Heaven. God saw the weakness of man and his utter depravity. Yet, He showed us grace. Jesus, God, One Person of the Trinity, became God in the flesh, the God-Man. He was always perfect and sinless. And His humanity was perfected on the cross, living the full sinless life. He became our atonement sacrifice. Dying in our place, taking on the wrath of God upon Himself. He died on the cross, and He was resurrected because death could not hold Him. Jesus is the answer. We, as guilty sinners, need His blood to pay off our debt of sin. For all who put their faith in Him – meaning eyes are opened to the Gospel, we see ourselves as a sinner, we see the need for Christ, we desire our Savior, and we see the ugliness of our sin. Putting our faith in Jesus, we seek HIs forgiveness and repent from our sins, we turn away from our old way of life. We, through the work of the Holy Spirit, continue to become convicted of sin daily. Our eyes will never be the same again. We see things in a different light, and the truth of Christ affects how we live and serve Him. Christ tells us to count the cost. Salvation is a serious topic, it is not to be taken lightly. For a breakdown of this powerful message, understanding how Christ could be God and Man, why God required sacrifices, and more -please see: Why Did A Loving God Kill His Son? (Does God Hate?)
If you think you know the Gospel, check out these questions and see how prepared you are for the day someone might ask you why you believe: The Gospel Challenge (30 Question Quiz) – Are You Ready To Defend Your Faith?
Scripture To Meditate On –(ESV) Colossians 1:15-16 – For by him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things were created through him and for him. He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation.
Community Prayer – January ‘23
Christian Topics/Series Covered
Personal Blog: Peeking Beneath
Second Blog: UnAshamed Christian Housewife
Godly Men & Women I Recommend: Link To List
Resources For False Teaching: Recommended Websites For False Teachers/Teaching
Video Playlist: Christian Questions, Topics, False Teachers, Insights
Video Playlist: New Christian Believer
Video Playlist: Understanding False Teachings
Video Playlist: Sermons To Grow From
Social: Twitter, Instagram, Facebook
COMMENT RULES– Rules For Comments (Why Some May Not Appear)
2 thoughts on “Importance of Scripture | Life Applications for January ‘23”
T.R., I realize you’re specifically reaching out to Christian women with this post and others, but I’m adding my “like” because I appreciate your efforts to bring weighter topics to the table.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you so much! Trying to find that balance for ladies especially. We get some watered-down fluff often, and I know women are smarter than that. We need meat. I hope this series helps ladies get that encouragement. I appreciate how your blog is helping Christian women be able to identify false teachings of Catholicism.
LikeLiked by 1 person