How do we act when trials come upon us? When we lose loved ones can we remain steadfast in faith?
Today’s video pick I find quite humbling by Susan Heck. She’s lost her husband, her sister. The words she speaks are not coming from a woman who knows no loss. All the more reason I think we should listen as Christian women. To grow. To be convicted by the Spirit.
To encourage you to check out the video, I’ve mostly summarized it through questions, so you have an idea of what gets covered. If you would like to hear the answers, please check out the video.
- 2 Kings 4:08-37
- What does a parent do when a child is sick or dying?
- Romans 15:04 – what does scripture do?
- Shunammite woman’s background
- What blessing did the Shunammite experience?
- Key Point: Don’t take anyone for granted.
- “Children are on loan.” – Susan Heck
- “The greater the possessiveness, the greater the pain.”
- 1 Kings 17:17
- 2 Kings 2:12-15
- Hebrews 11:35
- Key Point: Faith is strong in those who are steadfast.
- How long would 16 to 17 miles on a camel be?
- What is agape love? How is it connected to sacrifice?
- Background of the song “It is Well”
- Key Point: The soul of a woman who is steadfast is always at peace.
- What does grabbing of the feet mean?
- What does a steadfast woman think of herself?
- What are the two choices we have in trials?
- How many miles did the average traveler cover in a day?
- Why did Elisha send a messenger with the staff?
- What did the servant do and what was the result?
- Key Point: False teachers claim money. How does this relate to Elisha’s servant?
- 1 Timothy 6:10
- Key Point: Elisha prayed. What does scripture say about prayer?
- What can we do in trials?
- What does sneezing do in relation to our head?
- What does the woman do when her son becomes alive?
- What does submissively worship means?
- “We must not shake our fist at God in the midst of a trial.” – Susan Heck
- If God doesn’t heal people, is He still good?
- Key Point: Trust in God’s Sovereignty.
- What does tenacious means?
- Hebrews 11:01-06
- “Up is the way down.”
- Can we worship when things look bleak?
- Do we believe God will do what He says even in death?
- Have we given up in spiritual trials?
Check Out: Remaining Steadfast During Dark Trials by Susan Heck
The Gospel Message– The Gospel message is good news, which means there’s bad news. We all are sinners and condemned. We all deserve the just punishment of God’s wrath. Christianity is unlike any other religion because we cannot earn our way into Heaven. God saw the weakness of man and his utter depravity. Yet, He showed us grace. Jesus, God, One Person of the Trinity, became God in the flesh, the God-Man. He was always perfect and sinless. And His humanity was perfected on the cross, living the full sinless life. He became our atonement sacrifice. Dying in our place, taking on the wrath of God upon Himself. He died on the cross, and He was resurrected because death could not hold Him. Jesus is the answer. We, as guilty sinners, need His blood to pay off our debt of sin. For all who put their faith in Him – meaning eyes are opened to the Gospel, we see ourselves as a sinner, we see the need for Christ, we desire our Savior, and we see the ugliness of our sin. Putting our faith in Jesus, we seek HIs forgiveness and repent from our sins, we turn away from our old way of life. We, through the work of the Holy Spirit, continue to become convicted of sin daily. Our eyes will never be the same again. We see things in a different light, and the truth of Christ affects how we live and serve Him. Christ tells us to count the cost. Salvation is a serious topic, it is not to be taken lightly. For a breakdown of this powerful message, understanding how Christ could be God and Man, why God required sacrifices, and more -please see: Why Did A Loving God Kill His Son? (Does God Hate?)
If you think you know the Gospel, check out these questions and see how prepared you are for the day someone might ask you why you believe: The Gospel Challenge (30 Question Quiz) – Are You Ready To Defend Your Faith?
Scripture To Meditate On –(ESV) Psalm 90:02 – Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever you had formed the earth and the world, from everlasting to everlasting you are God.
Community Prayer –
Christian Topics/Series Covered
Personal Blog: Peeking Beneath
Second Blog: UnAshamed Christian Housewife
Godly Men & Women I Recommend: Link To List
Resources For False Teaching: Recommended Websites For False Teachers/Teaching
Video Playlist: Christian Questions, Topics, False Teachers, Insights
Video Playlist: New Christian Believer
Video Playlist: Understanding False Teachings
Video Playlist: Sermons To Grow From
Social: Twitter, Instagram, Facebook
COMMENT RULES– Rules For Comments (Why Some May Not Appear)