Personally, I was convicted by today’s video recommendation. As a blogger, as someone who tries to promote Christian material on platforms, I can totally get caught up in the sin of numbers. There is a tempation to look like the world. Do the things the world is doing to try to get people to look at you THEN you can share Christ with them. But it’s not about numbers, and Christ should never be behind a 1, 2, 3 program. Jesus needs to be front and center.
To encourage you to check out this video, I’ve summarized the commentary mostly through questions to give you an idea of what is covered, while listing a few key points. If you would like to hear the answers, please check out the video.
- How do people think we impact the culture?
- What is classic example of a bait and switch?
- Acts 17:18
- ”There was either a revival, a riot, or both.” Voddie Baucham
- What did Paul do with the people who did not know the truth?
- Key Point: Paul didn’t water down or hid his Christianity to reach those who didn’t know the truth.
- Key Point: It’s not about being offensive to people.
- What is dishonest and faithless?
- Key Point: God doesn’t need us.
- What is the overall narrative of Christianity? What is the Christian worldview?
- How did Paul observe his culture?
- What was the reaction Paul received?
- Key Point: Paul tells the influencers of the world their worldview was wrong.
- “Compromising saves no one.” – Voddie Baucham
- Key Point: God uses the weak things of the world.
- Key Point: The goal of life is to know God better so you can serve Him better.
- Where should our faith be?
Check Out: When Christians Decided to Serve the Devil by Voddie Baucham (About 24 mins)
If the link below does not work, please click the link above.
The Gospel Message– The Gospel message is good news, which means there’s bad news. We all are sinners and condemned. We all deserve the just punishment of God’s wrath. Christianity is unlike any other religion because we cannot earn our way into Heaven. God saw the weakness of man and his utter depravity. Yet, He showed us grace. Jesus, God, One Person of the Trinity, became God in the flesh, the God-Man. He was always perfect and sinless. And His humanity was perfected on the cross, living the full sinless life. He became our atonement sacrifice. Dying in our place, taking on the wrath of God upon Himself. He died on the cross, and He was resurrected because death could not hold Him. Jesus is the answer. We, as guilty sinners, need His blood to pay off our debt of sin. For all who put their faith in Him – meaning eyes are opened to the Gospel, we see ourselves as a sinner, we see the need for Christ, we desire our Savior, and we see the ugliness of our sin. Putting our faith in Jesus, we seek HIs forgiveness and repent from our sins, we turn away from our old way of life. We, through the work of the Holy Spirit, continue to become convicted of sin daily. Our eyes will never be the same again. We see things in a different light, and the truth of Christ affects how we live and serve Him. Christ tells us to count the cost. Salvation is a serious topic, it is not to be taken lightly. For a breakdown of this powerful message, understanding how Christ could be God and Man, why God required sacrifices, and more -please see: Why Did A Loving God Kill His Son? (Does God Hate?)
If you think you know the Gospel, check out these questions and see how prepared you are for the day someone might ask you why you believe: The Gospel Challenge (30 Question Quiz) – Are You Ready To Defend Your Faith?
Scripture To Meditate On –(ESV) Psalm 90:02 – Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever you had formed the earth and the world, from everlasting to everlasting you are God.
Community Prayer –
Christian Topics/Series Covered
Personal Blog: Peeking Beneath
Second Blog: UnAshamed Christian Housewife
Godly Men & Women I Recommend: Link To List
Resources For False Teaching: Recommended Websites For False Teachers/Teaching
Video Playlist: Christian Questions, Topics, False Teachers, Insights
Video Playlist: New Christian Believer
Video Playlist: Understanding False Teachings
Video Playlist: Sermons To Grow From
Social: Twitter, Instagram, Facebook
COMMENT RULES– Rules For Comments (Why Some May Not Appear)