In 2020, I recanted from my dream posts. This video I’ve selected today began my journey in learning how the Word of Faith movement is wrong, among other movements and teachings that I thought were ok. Justin Peter’s next video on Mangled Manifestations really helped me regarding the Seeker-Driven movement I came out of. I hope you are encouraged to view his full series on Clouds Without Water.
False teachers are listed here, comments defending these false teachers will be deleted, please see: Rules For Comments (Why Some May Not Appear)
To encourage you to check out the video, I’ve taken answers given and turned them into questions, while summarizing some key points.
- Origins of the Word of Faith Movement, Prosperity Gospel
- Where did the Word of Faith Movement begin?
- New Thought, what is it and its connection to Phineas P. Quimby?
- How is cult defined?
- New Thought is connected to Law of Attraction
- Belief that negative thoughts lead to sickness – what is this?
- Mary Baker Eddy – adapted Quimby’s teachings
- Why do sick people deny they are sick?
- Christian Science in Prosperity Gospel
- Andrew Wommack – teaching sickness comes from negative thinking
- Essek W. Keyon – teaches we can speak faith-filled word. What is the connection to manifesting?
- Is Satan the legal god of planet earth?
- Were there 2 deaths of Jesus? How do Word of Faith preachers explain that Christ had 2 deaths?
- Kenneth Hagan – thought Christians should live to 120 years old, he died before reaching 120 years. Claimed Jesus visited and spoke to him.
- How did Hagan plagiarize what Essek said?
- Positive Confession – what is it?
- Can we speak things into existence?
- Creflo Dollar – claims we can speak things into existence like God.
- Why is God the object of our faith?
- In the prosperity gospel, why is faith the object of faith?
- Jesse Duplantis – have faith in faith. What does this mean and why is it troubling?
- Gloria Copeland – claims Kenneth Copeland and her can control the weather.
- If Gloria Copeland and others can control the weather what does Justin Peters say that they should be charged with?
- John Hagee – what is his view regarding speech and death?
- What does Joel Osteen say regarding why Zechariah’s mouth was closed in the book of Luke?
- What does Joel Osteen say about our speech?
- What is the connection between a New Age book and a book by Joyce Meyer?
- What is the little gods doctrine?
- Creflo Dollar – does he promote the little gods doctrine? (Yes) “You are gods… The real me is just like God.” – Creflo Dollar
- Why is the quote by Creflo Dollar about being a god wrong?
- Who else wanted to be just like God in the Bible?
- What is the connection of wanting to be like God and sin?
- What does the Word of Faith doctrine believe about Adam being like God?
- Does the Word of Faith doctrine believe God has control of His creation?
- Why does the Word of Faith doctrine hold to health and wealth?
- Why is the Word of Faith movement deceptive when it comes to the Gospel and salvation?
- What does the Bible promise about those who follow Christ?
- How do Prosperity teachers talk about sin?
- How does Joseph Prince describe repentance? What is the problem with this description?
- Why is context important regarding the meaning of a word?
- What does Todd White say regarding our value and the cross? Why is this a problem and misleading?
- If we were worth dying for, why is this a problem regarding the grace of God?
- What does Benny Hinn says regarding God and our permission? Why is this a problem?
- What is the problem when Jesse Duplantis says God asked him for his opinion?
- “God has the power to take life, but He can’t.” – Jesse Duplantis
- How does this quote from Jesse Duplantis go against scripture?
- What is Arianism in the early church and why was it a heresy?
- Creflo Dollar claims Jesus cannot be God – why is this wrong?
- Kenneth Copeland claims Jesus spoke to him and this “Jesus” claims he wasn’t God. Why is this a problem?
- Paula White & Larry Hutch – “Jesus is not the only begotten son of God.” -Why is this a problem?
- Why is it not enough to merely believe in Jesus?
- Seth Dahl claims Jesus tells him to forgive Him (Jesus)… Why is this wrong?
- “You cannot be indwelt by the Holy Spirit of God and teach these blasphemies.” – Justin Peters
- Bill Johnson claims Christ laid His divinity aside, why is this wrong?
- Rod Parsley claims virtues go out of him and he can feel faith. Why is this problematic?
- Todd White says 3 heresies – what are they and why are they problematic?
- If Jesus died spiritually, why is this a problem?
- When Jesus quotes Psalm 22, did the Father turn His back on Him?
- Why is there a mystery regarding what happened on the cross and the human nature of Christ?
- What is not mentioned in Psalm 22 and how does this connects so well with Jesus?
- What do all cults have in common regarding the cross of Christ?
- What do Catholics believe about the cracker and wine? Why is this a problem?
- What do Catholics believe regarding works and faith?
- What are the problems with the titles the Catholic church gives the Pope?
Check Out: Clouds Without Water Session 1 by Justin Peters
If the video does not show below, click on the link above.
The Gospel Message: With the Good News means there’s bad news. We all are sinners and condemned. We all deserve the just punishment of God’s wrath. Christianity is unlike any other religion because we cannot earn our way into Heaven. God saw the weakness of man and his utter depravity. Yet, He showed us grace. Jesus, God, One Person of the Trinity, became God in the flesh, the God-Man. He was always perfect and sinless. And His humanity was perfected on the cross, living the full sinless life. He became our atonement sacrifice. Dying in our place, taking on the wrath of God upon Himself. He died on the cross, and He was resurrected because death could not hold Him. Jesus is the answer. We, as guilty sinners, need His blood to pay off our debt of sin. For all who put their faith in Him – meaning eyes are opened to the Gospel, we see ourselves as a sinner, we see the need for Christ, we desire our Savior, and we see the ugliness of our sin. Putting our faith in Jesus, we seek HIs forgiveness and repent from our sins, we turn away from our old way of life. We, through the work of the Holy Spirit, continue to become convicted of sin daily. Our eyes will never be the same again. We see things in a different light, and the truth of Christ affects how we live and serve Him. Christ tells us to count the cost. Salvation is a serious topic, it is not to be taken lightly. For a breakdown of this powerful message, understanding how Christ could be God and Man, why God required sacrifices, and more -please see: Why Did A Loving God Kill His Son? (Does God Hate?)
If you think you know the Gospel, check out these questions and see how prepared you are for the day someone might ask you why you believe: The Gospel Challenge (30 Question Quiz) – Are You Ready To Defend Your Faith?
Scripture To Meditate On – (ESV) Proverbs 28:14, “Blessed is the one who fears the LORD always, but whoever hardens his heart will fall into calamity.”
Community Prayer – Community Prayer | May ’22
Christian Topics/Series Covered
Personal Blog: Peeking Beneath
Second Blog: UnAshamed Christian Housewife
Godly Men & Women I Recommend: Link To List
Resources For False Teaching: Recommended Websites For False Teachers/Teaching
Video Playlist: Christian Questions, Topics, False Teachers, Insights
Video Playlist: New Christian Believer
Video Playlist: Understanding False Teachings
Video Playlist: Sermons To Grow From
Social: Twitter, Instagram, Facebook