For so long I sought the Lord everywhere except in His word. I felt so distant from Him unless I had experiences, symbols, or dreams. While I read scripture it was not often or with the proper understanding of context. But if you want like to hear my full testimony you can here. See: My Testimony | Legalism, Christian Mysticism, & Seeing My Husband Come To Christ.
If you want to hear the Lord, He is not far.
James 3:17 says – But the wisdom from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, open to reason, full of mercy and good fruits, impartial and sincere.
Life Application for James 3:17
- What we will notice about heavenly wisdom is that all the traits listed, pure, peaceable, gentle, open to reason, full of mercy, good fruits, impartial, and sincere all relate to Jesus. Therefore to have heavenly wisdom, we must first seek after Christ.
- If we look at the love chapter in 1 Corinthians Ch. 13, we will see how Christ meets every trait of love without fail. So heavenly wisdom and godly love go together, which means Christ helps us love others and God the way we are suppose to.
- We cannot have heavenly wisdom without first receiving salvation from Jesus Christ through the grace shown to us on the cross and the faith He gives us to trust Him. Christ is where we receive wisdom and the fear of God because the fear of God is the beginning of wisdom.
- Then we must earnestly seek the Lord through prayer and scripture reading. (See: Why We Need To Read The Bible In Context | Bible Study Tips & “Translation” Cautions, Bible Studying Tips | When Going Over 1 Chapter Of The Bible, The 4 R’s of Bible Studying)
- See: How Does Wisdom & Meditating on Scripture Help Us in Our Life? | God’s Will
Last year I started a whole study on the will of God, if you want to hear heavenly wisdom, I promise you His word is sufficient. See: God’s Will for You Today | Instructions for Life
Some Further Resources:
What is Godly Wisdom by Got Questions
What is the Difference between Wisdom and Knowledge by Got Questions
Why is Wisdom referred to as a She in Proverbs by Got Questions
How can I tap into the Wisdom of God by Got Questions
*Scripture is from ESV
The Gospel Message– The Gospel message is good news, which means there’s bad news. We all are sinners and condemned. We all deserve the just punishment of God’s wrath. Christianity is unlike any other religion because we cannot earn our way into Heaven. God saw the weakness of man and his utter depravity. Yet, He showed us grace. Jesus, God, One Person of the Trinity, became God in the flesh, the God-Man. He was always perfect and sinless. And His humanity was perfected on the cross, living the full sinless life. He became our atonement sacrifice. Dying in our place, taking on the wrath of God upon Himself. He died on the cross, and He was resurrected because death could not hold Him. Jesus is the answer. We, as guilty sinners, need His blood to pay off our debt of sin. For all who put their faith in Him – meaning eyes are opened to the Gospel, we see ourselves as a sinner, we see the need for Christ, we desire our Savior, and we see the ugliness of our sin. Putting our faith in Jesus, we seek HIs forgiveness and repent from our sins, we turn away from our old way of life. We, through the work of the Holy Spirit, continue to become convicted of sin daily. Our eyes will never be the same again. We see things in a different light, and the truth of Christ affects how we live and serve Him. Christ tells us to count the cost. Salvation is a serious topic, it is not to be taken lightly. For a breakdown of this powerful message, understanding how Christ could be God and Man, why God required sacrifices, and more -please see: Why Did A Loving God Kill His Son? (Does God Hate?)
If you think you know the Gospel, check out these questions and see how prepared you are for the day someone might ask you why you believe: The Gospel Challenge (30 Question Quiz) – Are You Ready To Defend Your Faith?
Scripture To Meditate On –(ESV) Colossians 1:15-16 – For by him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things were created through him and for him. He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation.
Community Prayer – January ‘23
Christian Topics/Series Covered
Personal Blog: Peeking Beneath
Second Blog: UnAshamed Christian Housewife
Godly Men & Women I Recommend: Link To List
Resources For False Teaching: Recommended Websites For False Teachers/Teaching
Video Playlist: Christian Questions, Topics, False Teachers, Insights
Video Playlist: New Christian Believer
Video Playlist: Understanding False Teachings
Video Playlist: Sermons To Grow From
Social: Twitter, Instagram, Facebook
COMMENT RULES– Rules For Comments (Why Some May Not Appear)